import customer / vender open items

sharkshark Member Posts: 50
Hello

I've searched the forum and found a lot of stuff on posting open items.
The thing is my client has tons of open items from it's customers and vendors. Is there someway I can import this, so they don't have to do this by hand in general journals? :-k (dataports, maybe??)

We're working with the portuguese location, NAv 4 SP2
thanks!

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    shark wrote:
    Hello

I've searched the forum and found a lot of stuff on posting open items.
    The thing is my client has tons of open items from it's customers and vendors. Is there someway I can import this, so they don't have to do this by hand in general journals? :-k (dataports, maybe??)

We're working with the portuguese location, NAv 4 SP2
    thanks!
    If you are able to create file with all needed values, which user needs to enter manually into general journal, you can use dataport to fill the journal instead user.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • sharkshark Member Posts: 50
    so, I would just have to create a dataport for general journal lines and work from there? Thanks!!
    Of course, NEVER import data directly into Entry tables!!!

You just need to think about it as "replacing user by dataport". You can preapre the data in excel, export into CSV and import CSV into GL Journal, check the data, and post... it is written in short, but it can take many hours... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    :D yes, I understand that... when we post something, a lot of tables are updated... so I should just "pretend I'm the user" and use the dataport to import lines into the general journals then post from there.

Can I create the dataport just with the "Gen. Journal Lines" table?? :-k
    It depends - if you are using dimensions (more than 2) and you need to use other than default values, you need to include this into your dataport.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    kine wrote:
    It depends - if you are using dimensions (more than 2) and you need to use other than default values, you need to include this into your dataport.

You can also use ValidateShortcutDimCode to insert other dimensions in General Journal.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
    at this time, i'm not using dimensions

I've created the dataport and was able to export the data. now I'm trying to import a new file (export file plus a line I created), but I'm getting an error message about the data being too big - I think that for some reason my csv file is not correctly defined
    Check if in dataport field separator is correct.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    \:D/
    I think I got it now! All I have to do now is fine tune some required fields and... voilá!!

Thanks for all your help!!
    Do not forget to validate needed fields to fill all other fields correctly! Journal is sensitive for correct validating in correct order to have all values in correct fields...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    Do not forget to validate needed fields to fill all other fields correctly! Journal is sensitive for correct validating in correct order to have all values in correct fields...

This isn't important is vital :)
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,086
    [Topic moved from Navision Financials forum to Navision forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!