Options

User session

florynxflorynx Member Posts: 81
Is it possible to automatically end a user session in Navision after a known period of time?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Search this forum for "idle and session" and you find lots of topics about this subject.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    i figured it out how to kill the session and now I need to know the login time so I can calculate the difference. The idea is to kill the current session after a specified time.

In Navision you can see in Database information all the sessions with users and login time including the current session. Do you know in what table are stored these informations or how can I read'em programatically?

thanks
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    This data is retrieved from the virtual table 2000000009 Session.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    NRNR Member Posts: 78
    Actually killing sessions is possible. But I dont think there is any area within Navision which gives you access to the code you can modify.

It might be possible to do the same by an external application.
  • Options
    NR wrote:
    Actually killing sessions is possible. But I dont think there is any area within Navision which gives you access to the code you can modify.

It might be possible to do the same by an external application.

I only need to read informations about the session from the table 2000000009 Session (thanks Luc) and the killins is possible sending an ALT-F4 for example.
    What I need now is how to run an object automatically from time to time :)
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Navision Application Server will be good start for you... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.