Options

Purchase Order posting error with EXCISE structure.

apsaps Member Posts: 63
I am facing an error while posting Purchase orders as

“The transaction could not be completed because it will cause inconsistencies in the G/L entry table.”

This problem is only when I attach EXCISE STRUCTURE in the PO Header.

If I try to do the same thing in the Sales Order it does not display any error and the posting get completed successfully....
I dont understand the problem.....
](*,)
I have checked all the setups still the problem is persisting
Please help its urgent….

Regards,
APS

Comments

• Options
    lubostlubost Member Posts: 618
    I met this error a yoears ago and it was caused by rounding problems. So check all rounding settings (Currency, VAT, Amounts).
  • Options
    MbadMbad Member Posts: 344
    Yup sounds like rounding issues(or worse). Thank god for the consistancy check. Btw the way to do roundings so there is no inconsistancy is to use a method that is in the split function when posting item journals.
  • Options
    apsaps Member Posts: 63
    I think it is not the rounding issue cos I am able to post the Sale order or Invoice with the same EXCISE Structure.

I am able to post Purchase Order/ Invoice with other structures like VAT, SERVICE TAX....why is it showing the problem with excise only..

your views are of hihg importance please share.......

regards,
    APS
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Check the rounding precision and rounding type on general ledger setup for excise on tab "Others".
    Also Start debugger and check the value of excise being getting posted.
    Also Excise structure gives error if you are using excise with type <> Item in the purchase /sale transaction.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Options
    MbadMbad Member Posts: 344
    You can try and create a message in codeunit 12 in the function finishcodeunit where you get the consistancy check

Something like:

Message(format(
    (BalanceCheckAmount = 0) AND (BalanceCheckAmount2 = 0) AND
    (BalanceCheckAddCurrAmount = 0) AND (BalanceCheckAddCurrAmount2 = 0)));

Havent tested the code just to give you an idea.
  • Options
    bobnavisionbobnavision Member Posts: 159
    have you checked the posting group set ups on excise
  • Options
    vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
    I also got this type of error.

I am able to post the sales invoice with the EXCISE structure. when I navigate the posted sales invoice i get teh excise enrty....every thing is perfect along with the sales invoice......

The opposite is happning in the purcahse invoices/ orders...
    cant post the purcashe invoice..... i ahve removed all the rounding precision all all those stufff......still facing the same problem
  • Options
    lubostlubost Member Posts: 618
    Try to remove in test database all occurences of CONSISTENCY function in C_12 (FinishCodeunit) and look to T_17 for amounts.