Options

Item Tracking Extra Information needed

LBRLBR Member Posts: 15
Hi,

I've a problem with extra fields for the Item Tracking Lines.
My customer need a serial number (standard) but also 2 extra field like Engine No. and Frame No.

When he place a purchase order, my customer place a serial no, and when he receive the items he need to complete the 2 extra fields (used later on the process)

I've added 2 fields 50000 and 50001 on the T336 Tracking Spec, and the same in T32 item Ledger Entries and T337 Reserveration Entry.

On the Form 6510 Item Trackin Lines, when I complete those fields, and I close the form, nothing is stored on table ??? and when I open again my form, I don't see the data (of course).

In the c/side on form 6510, a lot of transferfields are there, but nothing happend why ?

Could sombebody help me with this ?

thanks in advance,

Comments

• Options
    nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Forms related to Item Tracking in Navision are based in temporary tables.
    There are several codeunits to manage Item Tracking.

Check cvodeunit 6500 "Item Tracking Management"
    Item Item Jnl.-Post Line, etc.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    mukshamuksha Member Posts: 274
    Please use the serial no. information table instead of tracking specification table.
    Mukesh Sharma
  • Options
    Hi Mukesh,

I agree with the serial no. information but the problem for my customer is that it's a lot of Form to open to introduce those information and the extra information need to be a key like the SN.

That's why I try to add it directly on the Tracking Spec table.

I'm trying today to simplfy the way to introduce those extra information.

But thanks for the idea.
  • Options
    Hi Mukesh,

You've right, I go deeper with the idea of Serial No. information and use it with a more user friendly "access" and it's perfect.

Thanks to suggest me to look on it again. ;-)

Luc
  • Options
    mukshamuksha Member Posts: 274
    You are welcome Luc and dont need to thank me, it's the forum to help each other with the ideas.
    Mukesh Sharma