Options

Negative quantity on sales invoice

finderfinder Member Posts: 129
Hi,
I have a situation where I want to use both positive and negative quantity on the same sales invoice (customer is bringing back old item and taking new one). It's possible to use sales invoice and credit memo but has somebody experience with negative quantity on sales invoice. I tried to make and post it and it seemed working OK but I don't know what problem can occur later.
Can someone share his/her experience with this one.

Thanks in advance,
Anti

Answers

• Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Are you sure that you posted sales invoice with negative quantity.

I guess sytem will show error if customer is credited with document type as Invoice.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Options
    I just checked again and yes I posted sales invoice (with automatic shipment). I also checked item ledger entry from shipment and it shows correct quantity and prices there (with opposit signs). I'm using ver. 4.0SP2
  • Options
    It looks like working correctly and you can enter negative quantity mixed with positive quantity. Only request is that total amount should be positive.
  • Options
    themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Just to pitch in a little late, there is no problem doing this, like you said the net has to be positive is all. We have done this since we went on Navision 2.0 in 1999 and still do today on dynamics 4.0

Everything post exactly has it should the negative item is put back in inventory.