Can't send message from business notification!

cunnycunny Member Posts: 129
1.components installed:
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2003 Server;
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1;
Microsoft Internet Information Services;
SMTP(IIS);
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard(no sp);
SQL Server 2000 Notification Services, Standard Edition 2.0 SP1.exe;
SQLXML 3.0 SP2;

2.NAV Applications:
NAV 4.0 W1 DATABASE SERVER(Std);
NAV 4.0 W1 Client;
NAV 4.0 W1 Business Notification SERVER &Client;
NAV License :Tectura SPA(HK)_06Nov 06.FLF(NFS Dev License);

3.BN SERVER Configurations:
user:tecturacorp\clee4343(admin of OP, admin &owner of SQL SERVER and the super user of the NAV demo database exsiting in SQL);
SQL Server instance(choose another server option) and NAV DB SERVER have the same name :CNSHA-CXL4343NB;
SMTP: 10.102.133.78 with no authentication and erverything else default(BTW,I can telnet it and see the welcome screen in cmd!);
NAV 4.0 W1 Business Notification SERVER is installed under user CNSHA-CXL4343\clee4343(not tecturacorp\clee4343) and there is an error message popup showing me that "NotificationServiceDeploymentManagerInterface.dll" can not be copied but I saw it in the installation path when i ignore this after the installation complete.
And I fill the SMTP address with iP:10.102.133.78, SQL SERVER with CNSHA-CXL4343NB and DATABASE with "Navision Demo Database(4-0)"which exists in SQL SERVER during the procedure. Now I wait...
I also have checked the services SMTP, Notification Service Deployment Manager and NS$BusinessNotificationInstance to make sure they log on under the account tecturacorp\clee4343 and start correctly!

4.Run BN Client:
I start the BN Client i have installed with NAV Client before and It's trying conneting with CNSHA-CXL4343NB and finally I see the information "connected to business notification server http://cnsha-cxl4343nb"!
I click "new from Template" with NAV client connected to SQL SERVER and company Cronus International Ltd. open.
And when I choose the template "Production BOM - Item updated" It shows me the notification scheme. Then I click "select Event" and choose "Production BOM" and "Production BOM Changed", after that I define a condition filter with "No.","is exactly" "10000".
Define message from abc@cronus.com ...
At the recipient define window I fill the sign-up title with "test sign-up" and decription with "test sign-up description".And put a check mark on the "send message to external recipients" with recipient "cunny.lee@tectura.com".
click ok,complete,start...
Then I go to manufacturing module click "production BOM" and select BOM No. 10000 and change one of item nos. from 1100 to 1110. Then I check the Notification Worksheet in NAV and find something here then I click "send to business notificaiton".It show me a pop scrren meaning somthing has been sent to business notification. And then I check the mail box cunny.lee@tectura.com and find nothing herer.
BTW,I inquire into http://cnsha-cxl4343nb/businessnotificationsubscribe/ and it's totally blank even though I add the US language and move it to the top in IE.
Then I see the application event of WIN2003 and I get this below and i think there must be something wrong with the installation of notification server:

<NotificationServicesEvent>
<Description>
Notification Services failed to initialize the event provider.
</Description>
<Context>
<EventParameters>
<ProviderName>EventMgtEP</ProviderName>
</EventParameters>
</Context>
<Description>
File or assembly name NotificationServiceDeploymentManagerInterface, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
</Description>
<Instance>BusinessNotificationInstance</Instance>
<ApplicationName>MBSBN</ApplicationName>
<Component>Event provider host</Component>
<Thread>8</Thread>
</NotificationServicesEvent>

Any idear will be highly appreciated!!! :|
cunny Lee
MCP - MBS Navision
jle@naviworld.com

Answers

• cunnycunny Member Posts: 129
    (Illusive contact information)
    Microsoft Dynamics Incident Number: 8749761 Incident Type: Technical Support
    Subject: can't send email from business notification!
    Occurs At: Server
    Current Status: Closed - Solution Delivered
    Originated: 12/12/2006 11:37:00 PM PST
    Originated by: Tectura Consulting (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
    Authorized number: 0009294725
    Closed: 12/21/2006 2:36:00 AM PST
    Team: APAC Navision
    Support Region: Asia/Pac
    Agent: DS

Current Contact: CL
    Product Line: Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    Topic: Business Notifications
    Version: 4.0
    Application Language: English (US)
    Build/Detailed Version: 1.0
    Database: Microsoft SQL2000
    Server OS: Windows Server 2003

12/13/2006 12:11:00 AM PST -- DS Hi CL,

Thank you very much for writing to us. This is DS from the Dynamics NAV Support team in Singapore.

I understand that you are having problems with your Business Notifications installation.

After reviewing the details that you have sent us, I noticed the following:

1. Your SQL Server has no service packs applied. Business Notifications requires SP4 or above for SQL 2000.
    2. You ignored the warning for a file that cannot be copied. This actually caused the error message that you have noted in the Event Viewer.
    3. You need a Domain User when installing Business Notifications.

I strongly suggest that you upgrade your SQL Server installation with the latest service pack before installing Business Notifications. You would also need to copy the BN installer from the CD onto a folder in your hard drive to lessen the directory depth. Running the installation from the CD could sometimes cause the missing file error as the file path text is too long due to the directory structure.

Once you have completed the re-installation of BN, you would need to ensure that you are able to access the Notification Subscription page. Also, refer to the following excerpt from the KB article that I have authored for troubleshooting BN installation when emails are not sent out.

========================
    Symptoms Section
    When you try to send Business Notification e-mail messages, you may find that the e-mail messages were not sent out in Microsoft Dynamics Navision 4.0.
    Workaround Section
    To work around this problem, determine where the messages are blocked. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Turn off the BusinessNotificationMessageBus Web service.
    2. Turn off the NS$BusinessNotificationInstance service.
    3. In the Notifcation Worksheet window, click Functions, and then click Send to Business Notification to send the messages.
    4. Verify that there are folders generated under the IsolatedStorage folder and then turn on the BusinessNotificationMessageBus Web service.
    Note: Turning on the Web Service will move the messages to the messageStore table in the BusinessNotification database.
    5. Verify that the messages are created in the messageStore table and then turn on the NS$BusinessNotificationInstance service.
    6. Note that entries are created in the Business Notification Log to show that the messages have been sent.
    MoreInformation Section
    When you click Functions and then Business Notification option on the Notifcation Worksheet window, messages in the Notification Worksheet are written into the IsolatedStorage folder in the client computer. The IsolatedStorage folder is typically stored in the following location together with the additional folders that are generated automatically:
    Drive: \Document and Settings\Windows User ID\Local Settings\Application Data\IsolatedStorage

The messages in the auto-generated folders are processed by the BusinessNotificationMessageBus Web Service. The Web service then adds the messages in the messageStore table of the BusinessNotification database.

The NS$BusinessNotificationInstance collects the messages in the messageStore table and adds them in the transmissionLog table from where the e-mail messages are created and sent. Each sent message is recorded in the Business Notification Log of the event log.

========================

Do not hesitate to write back if you have any further inquiries.

Best regards,
    DS

DS
    Senior Support Professional
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    Asia Pacific Region
    12/14/2006 6:48:00 AM PST -- CL
    Dear DS,

Thanks very much for your patient and kindly reply.

I have already done some fixing under the article you post. After uninstalled the BN Server which I priviously installed,I run the setup programe of SQL 2K SP4 which came from www.microsoft.com and rerun the setup programe of Business Notification Server from the root path C:\Business Notification which I copied from Navision CD to aovid the problem of too long to due to but I still get the same file copy error and the same situation with Nav W1 SP1,SP2. There seems to be some wrong with the installation packge of business notification cos' when I run the setup program from NAV W1 SP3 it's just gone! But there is another error of "Creation of NSInstallPath Registry Key failed." in the process of BN server installation and the whole procedure was aborted.BTW, I have tried to install .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0 before I setup BN Server but I removed .NET 2.0 later when I heard there may be some wrong with it in this situation.

So what am i going to do now?

Thanks &Good Luck,

CL Lee
    Technical Consultant

Tectura

Enterprise Solution Group
    Suite A-B,14F,No.669 Beijing Xi Road
    Shanghai 200041,China

Tel: (86-21) 6267 0683
    Fax: (86-21) 6267 0647
    Mobile: (86) 13917411950

E-mail: cunny.lee@tectura.com
    Web: www.tectura.com
    VOID CALL
    12/14/2006 4:29:00 PM PST -- Patrick Shortt Hi CL Lee,

This is Patrick from Microsoft support and DS is currently unavailable, but I have made sure your response has been passed onto him and he will get back to you as soon as he becomes available.

Thanks and have a good day.

Best regards
    Patrick
    12/14/2006 5:52:00 PM PST -- CL
    Hi Patrick,

Thanks a lot, It's ok, I will wait.

Regards,

CL
    12/14/2006 9:44:00 PM PST -- DS Hi CL,

Thank you very much for your patience.

At this point, I would suggest that you start from scratch and install Business Notification on a clean machine. Please follow the installation guide for BN to the letter so that you would not miss any of the prerequisites. The following are some of the requirements for installing BN that I would like to highlight:

1. BN for SQL 2000 requires .NET 1.1. You need to make sure that BN is installed prior to .NET 2.0.
    2. The user logged into the server must have enough privileges to install services. The user id should be a member of the local administrators group of the machine.
    3. The user id specified in the setup of BN must be a Domain User ID that has local admin privileges on the machine, has the ability to logon as a service, has privileges on the SMTP server, and a member of the SYSADMIN server group in SQL.
    4. BN is built on top of SQL's Notification Services. Make sure that you install the same edition of Notification Services as your SQL Server. If you are using the Enterprise Edition of SQL, Notification Services should be Enterprise Edition, too. If you are using the Standard Edition, then Notification Services should be the standard edition, too. The recent error that you received is caused by mixing editions of SQL Server and SQL Notification Services.
    5. Once BN's installation is complete, make sure to copy the license file to the NAS folder created under BN's folder. Rename it to fin.flf.
    6. You cannot install BN using Remote Desktop or Terminal Services. You need to be locally logged into the machine.

Let me know how it goes. If you still require assistance in setting up BN, we may need to schedule a screen sharing session. If this will be the case, let me know when would be the most convenient time for us to conduct the screen sharing.

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Have a great weekend.

Best regards,
    DS
    VOID CALL
    12/18/2006 6:48:00 PM PST -- DS Hi CL,

Good day. I hope all is well at your end today.

I would just like to check on the status of your installation activity. Are you still facing challenges in installing Business Notifications? Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or clarifications on the previous response that I sent you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
    DS
    12/18/2006 10:02:00 PM PST -- CL
    Hi DS,

Thanks man! you really do a good job :).
    There is still a serious problem with BN installation for us.This time I start the whole process from the beginning totally(Format the pc and setup WIN2003).Then I get eveything needed installed,
    SQL 2000 Standard Edition,
    SQL SP3a,
    SQL Server 2000 Notification Services Standard Edition 2.0 SP1,
    SQLXML 3.0 SP2,
    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1,
    SMTP(IIS),
    NAV W1 4.0 Database Server&Clint,
    NAV 4.0 W1 Business Notification Client, except NAV 4.0 W1 Business Notification SERVER,:s. When I run the setup program as the last component from the rootpath c:\BN, it seems everything is fine,configurating the Domain\user, SMTP address,SQL SERVSER,Database name, but when the installer start copying the file I was told "the process has been interupted,Navision Business Notification has not been modified and please run the program another time". Then I try to find somthing from the event log of application in the system event viewer, it just tells me business notification open fail and no more reference for that.BTW,I have also asked the office network engineer who has been added to the administrators group of domain controller(He is not the highest administrator) to run the BN installer as his own account.And the same error still prompts.
    At this moment,I am very suspicious of the accounts' privileges we have tried, both the administrator's and mine.So what i am going to do is just building a new Domain Controller at another server and do everything need under the new administrator's account of that DC.Coz I don't want to bring some risk to the formal company domain with asking the administrator's permission.
    I will let you stay with current of that issue. Thanks again,man:)

Good Luck to us~~~,

CL
    12/18/2006 10:09:00 PM PST -- DS Hi CL,

You are very welcome. I am glad to hear that you are making some progress.

There are some items I would like to highlight on your previous email.

1. Service pack for SQL Server. I would like to recommend that you go for SP4 instead of SP3a. The installation document says that it could be SP3a or better.
    2. Which version of NAV are you using? Are you using NAV 4.0 SP1?
    3. The BN installer needs to run by an account that is part of the local administrators group of the machine. This is needed for directory permissions and also for installing the services.

Let me know how your reinstallation goes.

Best regards,
    DS
    12/18/2006 11:29:00 PM PST -- CL
    Hi there,

At this point, I choose to build a DC in my local system WIN2003. I think that will be convenience for me to handle the process of BN installation.
    1.I choose sp3a not sp4 coz I have saw some guys done it successful under SQL Server sp3a. And if sp4 is better I will select it, thanks.
    2.I still use W1 NAV 4.0 Std without sp.Any idear about this?
    3.The accounts we have tyied are all the members of local administrators gruop. I also want the account have the administrator's permission of DC.Is this idear appropriate? Coz we almost encountered the less privileges problem even though the accounts we used do have the administrator's permission.

Thanks &Good Luck,
    CL

12/19/2006 12:10:00 AM PST -- DS Hi CL,

You need to ensure the following items are met regarding the accounts you are using for installing BN.

1. The user account used to login to the machine where BN is installed should be a LOCAL ADMIN privileges on the machine. It should also be a member of the SYSADMIN fixed server role.
    2. The user account you specify during the installation should be a domain account that is a member of the LOCAL ADMIN group on the machine, it should be a user in NAV with a SUPER role, it should also be a SYSADMIN in SQL Server.

If you are logged in as the domain administrator in the new DC you have setup, you can use the same user id in the BN setup. Just make sure that it meets the criteria I mentioned in item #2 above.

If in case you installation attempt would still not go through, I would like to suggest that we conduct a screen sharing session where I can have a closer look at the environment and verify if the prerequisites are met. Let me know when would be the most convenient time for you if you want to conduct the screen sharing session.

Best regards,
    DS
    12/19/2006 8:22:00 AM PST -- CL
    Hi DS,

This time I get everything installed as far as I know without any error. :)

And when I subscribe the BN event in IE, it show me an error of .NET framwork 1.1 and I also installated .net framwork 2.0 to fix that problem but I failed. Please find attached the error report in xml format.

It will be nice If we can have a scrren sharing. How about 10:00 AM this morning (20/12/2006)? If you are free then i will be there. And please give me a refernce for how I can let you connect to my desktop remotely!

Thanks &Good Luck,

CL
    Attached files: Failed to create file DWINDOWSMicrosoft_NETFrameworkv1_1_4322Temporary ASP_NET.htm

VOID CALL
    12/19/2006 5:07:00 PM PST -- DS Hi CL,

I am glad to learn that you have finally completed the install. As for the latest challenge that you encountered, I would need some time to look into it before we can do a screen sharing session. For now, I would like to suggest that you check the permissions for the temporary folder and make sure that ASP.NET 1.1 is the version used by the subscription website.

I will contact you again once I have enough information.

Best regards,
    DS
    12/19/2006 10:06:00 PM PST -- DS Hi CL,

I found something that could help in addressing the error that you got when you tried to access the Subscription website.

I noticed that the error was caused by the failure to create temporary files in the path indicated in the error message. Can you check the security permissions for D:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files and make sure that the group "Authenticated Users" is included in the list and that it has full access rights? After setting up the security permission for the Authenticated Users group, open the command prompt and issue an IISRESET to restart IIS. Try to open the Subscription page again after this.

Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
    DS
    12/20/2006 12:00:00 AM PST -- CL
    Hey man,

You are absolutely right! :)
    Now I can subscribe events in IE correctly! But there is another issue still in front of us. I think this must be the last one, I can feel it:). When I process the last operation of BN,sending to notification in the notification worksheet of NAV W1 4.0 SP1,everything is fine! But I still can not get the mail sent to the recipient.When I check the log info in the system event viewer I get this below,
    "Warning: EventsForClass6b848e3a_42ad_4241_a759_ad7c54c545a5 is unknown for this notification application." and the event ID is zero so there is no more detail about it.

In Navision I change the nettype option from TCPS to TCP, and I also add the parameter "tcpip=tcp" to the registry of Business Notification. Property store table has two line:
    IBN_MessageBusUrl_0 http://CL/BusinessNotificationMessageBu ... rvice.asmx YES
    BN_PublishRetryTime_0 10000 YES

Is there something I missed?

Thanks &Best regards,
    CL
    12/20/2006 12:07:00 AM PST -- DS Hi CL,

It's really good to hear that we are moving along and getting closer to make you BN installation work.

Now, I understand that there are no emails sent out when you sent the notifications out. I have authored a KB article that will help you in finding where the notification process is failing. It is not published yet but here is a copy:

Summary
    =============================
    There are instances where the installation of Business Notifications has went smoothly and free of errors but there are no email messages sent out when events are raised and sent to Business Notification.

More Information
    =============================
    In order to understand how to troubleshoot why emails are not being sent out, we need to learn the flow of information in Business Notifications starting from the Notification Worksheet.

1. Clicking on the Functions>Send to Business Notification button in the Notifcation Worksheet window initiates the process of writing the messages in the Notification Worksheet lines to the IsolatedStorage folder in the client machine. The path is <Drive:>Document and Settings\<Windows User ID>\Local Settings\Application Data\IsolatedStorage. This folder contains additiona folders that are automatically generated.

2. The messages in the auto generated folders are then picked up and processed by the BusinessNotificationMessageBus Web Service. The web service then places the messages in the messageStore table of the BusinessNotification database.

3. The NS$BusinessNotificationInstance picks up the messages in the messageStore table and places them in the transmissionLog table. From there, the emails are created and sent out. Each mail sent out is recorded in the Business Notification Log in the Event Log.

From the flow described above, you can immediately determine where the messages are stopping. To do this:

1. Turn off the BusinessNotificationMessageBus web service and the NS$BusinessNotificationInstance.

2. Send the messages to Business Notifications by clicking on Functions>Send to Business Notification. Verify that there are folders generated under the IsolatedStorage folder.

3. Once you have verified that there are files/folders under the IsolatedStorage folder, turn on the web service. This will move the messages to the messageStore table in the BusinessNotification database.

4. Once you have verified that the messages are created in the messageStore table, turn on the NS$BusinessNotificationInstance service. Verify that there are entries created in the Business Notification Log. If the emails are not sent out, you would need to make sure that the Id used to start the service has enough privileges in the SMTP or Exchange server that you have specified during the installation process.

Following the process above, you should be able to pinpoint at what part of the process is the notification actually failing. Once we have that information, we can work out a solution to address it.

Let me know how your investigation goes.

Best regards,
    DS
    12/20/2006 6:49:00 PM PST -- CL
    Hi DS,

I am really appreciated for sharing the precious article with you first.

This time,I have checked step-by-step and find that we get stuck at the third step you specify. And when I restart the World Wide Internet Web Services there is an error log generated in the system event and there is nothing in the mesaagestore table of SQL. BTW,I can't find the "BusinessNotificationMessageBus web service" as you said and there is another service named "Notification Service Deployment Manager" .Is "World Wide Internet Web Servuices" the "Web services" you specify? coz I can only find this one. And I think there is no privileges problem with the account administrator which I use from the begining. And I also can telnet the SMTP server and it works.At this point,I think it's probably the configurations problem of IIS. I am trying to fix it.

please have a look at the error message below,
    ///////
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Business Notification
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 0
    Date: 12/20/2006
    Time: 6:57:41 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: CL
    Description:
    Could not write configuration to Navision.
    Exception:
    System.Exception
    Could not start Navision Application Server.at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.MBN.VIP.AttainDataProvider.AttainPsychicalConnection.Open()
    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.MBN.VIP.AttainDataProvider.AttainConnection.Open()
    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.MBN.VIP.TransactionManagement.ConnectionManager.OpenConnection(String connectionString)
    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.MBN.VIP.AttainAdapter.ConnectionFactory.OpenConnection(String companyName)
    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.MBN.VIP.AttainAdapter.PropertyStorageProvider.GetSubs(String key)
    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.MBN.VIP.AttainAdapter.PropertyStorageProvider.Remove(String key)
    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.MBN.VIP.AttainAdapter.PropertyStorageProvider.set_Item(String key, Object value)
    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.BusinessNotification.NotificationService.NotificationServiceDeploymentManager.InitializeNavision()

Inner Exception
    System.InvalidOperationException
    There is an error in XML document (0, 0).
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader)
    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.MBN.VIP.AttainDataProvider.AttainPsychicalConnection.Open()
    Inner Exception

System.Xml.XmlException
    The root element is missing.
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReader1.Read8_login()

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    ///////

Any idear about this?

Thanks &Best regards,
    CL

12/20/2006 7:27:00 PM PST -- DS Hi CL,

The error mentions that the NAS installed for Business Notification could not start. I would like to suggest that you verify if you have added the domain account you specified in the BN setup as a Windows Login in NAV and has been assigned a SUPER role. Do not forget to run the security synchronization process if you make any changes here.

The BusinessNotificationMessageBus Web Service sits on IIS. To stop the web service, you need to stop the Default Web Site through the IIS Manager console. You can also restart the web service from here.

Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
    DS
    12/21/2006 1:42:00 AM PST -- CL
    Hi DS,

YOU ARE THE MAN! FINALLY I GET IT AND NOW MY MAILBOX HAS BEEN CHOCKED UP,ANOTHER PROBLEM NEED YOUR SUPPORT:)!!!

There was something wrong with the SMTP configuration indeed!All I have done are just four things list below,

1)make sure the IP address is the very one you want to specify in the Web.config under the folders of BN install path.for me I use 10.102.133.xxx, and this information is generated accroding to the server instance you specify during the setup of BN, remember always use the real IP not instant name both SQL SERVER and SMTP.
    D:<>\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Business Notification\DeploymentServer\Web.config
    D:<>\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Business Notification\EndUserSubscription\Web.config
    D:<>\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Business Notification\MessageBus\Web.config

2)SMTP configuration
    SMTP Properties-->Access--->Authentication-->put a mark on the check box "Integrated Windows Authentication."(This is Very important but can be easily ignored :S); SMTP Properties-->Access--->Authentication-->Relay-->Add the IP to the list(I don't think it should be);

3)synchronize all the logins with SQL Server in Navision if there is something has been changed.

4)Default Website(IIS)(is this a requirement?) Default Website-->Directory Security-->Edit(Authentication and access control), make sure the account applied has the anonymous access permission.

Thanks man! It's very nice to work it with you,and now this incident can be definitely closed :D.
    You really did a great job:)

Merry Christmas&Happy New Year!!!

CL

VOID CALL
    12/21/2006 2:11:00 AM PST -- DS Hi CL,

It's good to know that you were able to complete the install of Business Notifications. Thank you, too, for sharing information on what you have done to address an issue that you have encountered with setting up the SMTP. This will prove useful for other partners as well.

I will now go ahead and close this case. I hope you are very satisfied with the service that I provided. If you have any comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact my manager, BM, at BM@microsoft.com.

I look forward to working with you again in the future. Happy holidays!

Best regards,
    DS
    cunny Lee
    MCP - MBS Navision
    jle@naviworld.com
  • andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    I followed the article and arrived to the point 4

From the flow described above, you can immediately determine where the messages are stopping. To do this:

1. Turn off the BusinessNotificationMessageBus web service and the NS$BusinessNotificationInstance.

2. Send the messages to Business Notifications by clicking on Functions>Send to Business Notification. Verify that there are folders generated under the IsolatedStorage folder.

3. Once you have verified that there are files/folders under the IsolatedStorage folder, turn on the web service. This will move the messages to the messageStore table in the BusinessNotification database.

4. Once you have verified that the messages are created in the messageStore table, turn on the NS$BusinessNotificationInstance service.

But I don't see entries in Business Notification Log. Where should I see them? In Event Viewer?
    The mail is not sent and in Event Log I have a warning: Warning: EventsForClass980860a3_d09f_4f96_b5a9_0a321d1b8711 is unknown for this notification application.

I am using NAV 5.0

Thank you