Options

navision pane for menuu suit

vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
Hi,
When I create new module (like Financial Mgt or Admiistration module) through Navision Pane Designer, I am not able to see it in the Pane when i want to import reports and tables in it i.e in the normal mode.

Please let me know the steps to make the module function.......

regards,
venku....

Answers

• Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    When you created a menu, you have to create some items or groups in it before it becomes visible...

I don't know if I understand you exactly with:
    I am not able to see it in the Pane when i want to import reports and tables in it i.e in the normal mode

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Dear Friend,

Have you modified the menu suite.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Options
    MbadMbad Member Posts: 344
    Navision pane designer(alt+F12) is only meant for local setting, and modifications here will go to menusuite 90. You will have modify/create the partner menusuite(80) and do the modifications there.
    And what waldo sais is true. You can only see the new menues/groups if a form/report ect is inserted into it and your license has the right permissions.
  • Options
    kolaboykolaboy Member Posts: 446
    Can you pls tell me how you create a new module. i want to confirm something. In step form pls.
  • Options
    vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
    Thanks Waldo
    I understand what u saying.
    \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    No prob. 8)
    Mbad wrote:
    Navision pane designer(alt+F12) is only meant for local setting, and modifications here will go to menusuite 90. You will have modify/create the partner menusuite(80) and do the modifications there.
    And this is very important in my eyes!! You have to carefully decide where you (as partner) are making the changes.
    As partner, you have some opportunities (AddOn,Partner,Company level) ... but in my opinion, you should never change anything on Company level. This is what Mbad is referring to. When you use the shortcut ALT+F12, you will do the changes on Company level. The Company level is for your customer.

So beware!

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog