Options

a company selling Item use as fixed asset in the same compa

sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
Hi,

We have many item which we sell to customers. How should we use the same item to be used as fixed asset in the same company at different location?

Pls suggest any ideas.

Thanks

Sajid

Comments

• Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    There is no interlinking between item and Fixed assets. Both needs to be classified seprately as the purpose and the treatement is seprate for both the items. Therefore you can create a FA card and do the purchases and other normal stuff there.
    As far as transferring Inventory to Fixed Assets is concerned there is no functionality in Navision.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    This needs some customization, it is not part of standard NAV.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Kine Can you tell me what customization is required? or if you can tell me the business logic how it will be treated?
  • Options
    The customization requires coding which do the following procedure:

1. Trf from Inventory to F.A.
    Create a negative adjustement entry in ILE and Value Entry for that item and creates a FA ledger entry for the Resulting F.A. The balancing entry created in case of negative adjustment for " Inventory Adjustement Account" should not be passed but the FA ledger entry should be created.

G/L IMPACT:

Fixed Assets Debit
    Inventory Credit

2. Trf from F.A. to Inventory:

Calculate the net book value of the F.A and creates 2 lines in FA ledger entry for Acquisition Cost and Accumulated Depreciation and then Create a postive adjustment entry in ILE and Value Entry for that item. The balancing entry created in case of positive adjustment for " Inventory Adjustement Account" should not be passed but the FA ledger entry should be created.

G/L IMPACT
    Invetory Debit
    FA Acquisition account on Disposal Credit
    FA Accumulated depr account on Disposal Debit
    CA Sandeep Singla
  • Options
    Thanks Sandeep but I will appreciate if you will explain further that with your suggested cusomization where are you assigning the new code of FA for the item which is moving from inventory to FA internally.?

I hope I made my point clear or u need more calrification please update.

Thanks & regards

Sajid
  • Options
    You have to basically create new form which will be a mix of Item Journal and FA G/l Journal. Seprate posting routine has to be written which will use the calculate the values and post it in the standard posting routine to be processed.

For eg. trf of inventory to F.A

It will use item journal line to post a negative adjustment but will not post the entry of "inventory adjustment account" and then post a FA G/L Journal line but will not post the entry of balancing account but will match both the amount and then post.
    The same will be the case of vice versa entry.
    CA Sandeep Singla