Should a new forum "Navision Add-On's" be created?

Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
edited 2006-10-26 in Feedback
It has been a while since a new forum was created. I recently received the question to create a new forum to discuss Navision Add-On's.

Purpose of this forum would be to:
- make your Add-On known to a broader audience (not by making multiple commercial-like postings, but by means of one (1) descriptive posting, which describes your Add-On)
- discuss issues one has with specific Add-On's
- dissuss issues concerning the development of Add-On's

What do you think about this new forum?
No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)

Comments

• zeninolegzeninoleg Member Posts: 236
    I think it is a nice idea since lots of questions are coming from add-on side.
    I also hope we will get new "add-on"(or any other) smiles bundeled up with this forum :wink:
    Best Regards,
    Oleg
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    zeninoleg wrote:
    I also hope we will get new "add-on"(or any other) smiles bundeled up with this forum :wink:
    I suggest you don't hold your breath ;-)
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Any more voters?
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    If you create such a forum I will add my solutions :) and when the competition read my posts they will add them too :? , and others will too :cry: and :evil: .

Just thinking; As an experiment why don't you create it just to see how quickly it will grow.
  • aciaci Member Posts: 41
    After giving it some thought, I realized that Addon's developers usually can't list their Addon's in the download section, because they can't make time limited demo versions like 3rd party software. There is a "Product Directory", but no Addon's Directory. So they need someway to post about their products and features without spamming the forum.

Some Addon's are exclusively made of Navision objects, and some use external components like DLL's. Those who use external DLL's could make them time limited, or feature limited, but if the Addon consists exclusively of Navision objects, then the developer can't upload the Addon unless it's freeware, and we already have the general download section for that.

IMO, either making Addon's Directory, or a separate forum is fine. Personally I am not going to use it...