Options

Adjust Cost-Item Entries

Zoltan_KarpatiZoltan_Karpati Member Posts: 26
Hello,

I have a customer who wants to run this job first time after several month. They have about two million IL entries so it is almost impossible to run this job because of the huge transaction size.
They have no manufacturing granules, so I think, if we could run this job in parts (i.e. in several smaller transactions instead of one big), this could be a solution.
Any suggestion? A hacked code, perhaps?

Thx,
Zoltan

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    In case no one knows a better way:you can try to run it during the weekend.
    If it generates some error during the calculation, it is undone but on Monday you can work anyway.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Make sure you change the Automatic Cost Posting in the inventory setup table to "No" this way the batch job will not automatically update general ledger entries. So you can start the report on Friday and let it run all weekend. If it finishes, you then can run the Post Inventory Cost to G/L batch job, in smaller runs, because that batch job, allows you to enter date ranges. so you can do a few periods at a time.

What you may try to do to get an estimate of the time it will take to run, is restore a backup into a test company and run it there. This way you can start it during the day without affecting your users and you can find out exactly how long it will take.
  • Options
    Zoltan_KarpatiZoltan_Karpati Member Posts: 26
    Thanks. There is no automatic cost posting.
    The job generates about 5-6000 value entries/hour and first time it took 66 hours to finish. Second time it went into an endless loop. I got a consistency check report from Microsoft, fixed the wrong value entries and item application entries. This helped to avoid the endless loop, the speed remained the same. The job has now been running more than 36 hours.

Zoltan