Object Manager Advanced v10.03 (trial till 15-11-2017)

Comments

• reijermolenaarreijermolenaar Member Posts: 256
    Yes, that has to do with it. It now sees every object with the modify flag as a new modification.

You have a couple of options:

1. Import a license which allow you to export the objects
    2. Disable the option "Save C/AL at Modification" in the setup
    3. Hold your 'Y' button until all confirms are gone :)
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
  • CailleanCaillean Member Posts: 36
    Thanks for your advice again ... I decided for nerverending "Y" :-)

Concerning Automatic C/AL Saving-Settings I am still not sure which options are best choice for us. I would like to prevent C/AL History from growing too big. On the other hand i would like to save C/AL history when developper say's "I am done. Tests can start". :-k
    Only thing i am sure about is after Transport = Yes!

Would the following settings reach that goal:
    at Modification = No
    at Assigning = No
    at Locking = No
    at Unlocking = if changed
    after Transporting = Yes
    before Import Transport = if changed
    after Import Transport = if changed
    I prefer the settings that you get when you “Inititialize as Dev. Database”.
    If the C/AL History will become to big you can always use the “Compress C/AL History” form to delete records that are not needed anymore.
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    You are right. I have to get used to all the tools coming with OMA =D>
    Thanks a lot.
    You're welcome!
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    New day new headaches:

I want to start table 52028 in design mode via OM - Object Explorer.
    I selected the object id. But when I press "Design" Navision standard object designer is started in the background and another table (ID=3, first table in database) is opend in design mode.

What is going wrong? ](*,)

Edit: Trying "Run" everything is fine - the right table is opend.
    Maybe the keystrokes are fired too quick for your client.
    Can you please enter a value of e.g. 300 in field 74 – “Pause Between Send Key Strokes” in the “OM – Setup” table.
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    I even tried 10000 - but still the wrong object is opened. Any idea?

Edit:
    I can see how navision standard object designer is opend and search for the object id I come from starts.

Edit2:
    Just found the bug (?) - I disabled "Find as you type" in search options. When I enable that option again - the right object can be opened.
    Is there anything I can do to prevent that behaviour? I don't really like "Find as you type". :bug:
    Yep, you can call it a bug, it should also work with "Find As You Type" enabled.

Which client of NAV do you use?
    Are you working in German language?
    Does it also fail when you work in ENU?
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    Oh wait!
    I can reproduce the bug.
    I will create a hot fix.
    Please PM me your e-mail address.
    Then I will send it to you…
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    Hi Reijer,

another question before the weekend:
    I blocked Design with Ctrl+F2 over the option in setup.

Trying to change to design mode via Ctrl+F2 is blocked now - the error message appears.
    But when switching to design mode via menue (Tools --> Designer) still works.

Is there a possibilty to disable that way as well?
    Are the settings under "Trace Modifications" (Save / Popup / Active Project) personal settings?
    If yes, is there a possibility to make it globally?
    Caillean wrote:
    Hi Reijer,

Trying to change to design mode via Ctrl+F2 is blocked now - the error message appears.

Hi,

No, that’s not possible at the moment. I a future release there will be an option that all object modifications will be blocked.
    Are you using NAV2009 R2? Then you could lock all objects…
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    Caillean wrote:
    Are the settings under "Trace Modifications" (Save / Popup / Active Project) personal settings?
    If yes, is there a possibility to make it globally?

Yes, these settings are only personal at the moment.
    I will add your suggestion to the wish list.
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    Caillean wrote:
    Hi Reijer,

Hi,

No, that’s not possible at the moment. I a future release there will be an option that all object modifications will be blocked.
    Are you using NAV2009 R2? Then you could lock all objects…

Wer are using NAV5.0 - but I think we can live with this. Just thougt I didn't do detup right :-)
    Hi Reijer,

the most imortant first: working with OMA impresses me every day. There are so many usefull functions making change managing easy going \:D/

Today I used the check guideline functionality for the first time.
    Am I right that checked objects should be left in the check guidelines objects table if comments assigend to known comment should be present later again?

What I would appreciate to to is selecting all objects assigned to a special project. Well, you can get obejct by object separtely. Checking the guidelines I assigned some comments to the known comments "list".

When I want to check objects of another project one can easily get lost in objects because you can't see which object belongs to which project. Therefore I deleted objects belonging to the first proejct from check guideline objects.
    If you want to check those deleted objects later again known comments are gone :-(

Is there a possibilty to keep knwon comments? Import/Export of known comments to my mind only helps if objects to check actually are the same objects known comments have been exported for.

Is there a way or trick to make this part of OMA-daily live easier?
    Hi Caillean,
    the most imortant first: working with OMA impresses me every day.
    Thanks, I'm happy to read that! \:D/

This functionality is improved in the upcoming version. It will be possible to check the guidelines straight from the project card! See the screenshot.
    Is there a way or trick to make this part of OMA-daily live easier?
    Yes, I always use the option “Set Known Comments with C/AL History”. With this option it is possible to mark the comments that were already present e.g. a week ago.

Regards,
    Reijer
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    This functionality is improved in the upcoming version. It will be possible to check the guidelines straight from the project card! See the screenshot.

Great - Looking foward it \:D/

By the way... do updates within a releas no. have to be purchased extra? We just purchased OMA Version 7.02.

"Set Known Comments with C/AL History" will do until the update comes along =D>
    Caillean wrote:
    By the way... do updates within a releas no. have to be purchased extra? We just purchased OMA Version 7.02.

No, you don’t have to purchase the update extra.
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager

Where can i purchase my "I love OMA"-T-Shirts and buttons? \:D/
  • ShedmanShedman Member Posts: 194
    Caillean wrote:

And don't forget coffee mugs! :wink:
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Caillean wrote:

Yeah, that would be great. Maybe you know, Reijer, in German OMA means grandma... :wink:
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • ShedmanShedman Member Posts: 194
    Caillean wrote:

Yeah, that would be great. Maybe you know, Reijer, in German OMA means grandma... :wink:
    He probably knows, as it is the same in the Netherlands :)
    Shedman wrote:
    He probably knows, as it is the same in the Netherlands :)
    hmmm... that would mean maybe he chose this name with intent.... great! :lol::lol::lol::mrgreen:
    Look at this!!

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=i+love+oma

Enough merchandising :mrgreen:

I would like to say something different but the name is chosen by coincidence.
    First we had only "Object Manager".
    Sometimes people look a bit strange to me when I say: "I sold a grandma today!". :D
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    Sometimes people look a bit strange to me when I say: "I sold a grandma today!". :D

I know what you mean - my colleagues had that strange gaze too when I was running around yelling "OMA is running finally!"
    Hi Reijer,

opening an object from OMA object explorer opens NAV standard Object Designer in the background first and then the object intself.
    Is there a possibility to close Object Designer directly after opening the object?

Staying open in the background Object Designer often seduces developer to open the next object there.
    I think Objects opened in Design Mode will be closed if you close the Object Designer.
    I think Objects opened in Design Mode will be closed if you close the Object Designer.
    You are right. So closing Object Designer won't work. :^o
    Hi Reijer,

could you please explain in a more detailed way the usage of the following field of the Action Worksheet (especially in combination with Action Type "Transfer data"):

DELETEALL; (e.g. will DELETEALL be applied on the source data after export or on the target table before import?)
    INIT; (e.g. does that mean if this isn't ticked it will use the value of the former record when a field value is empty?)
    IF FIND('=') THEN;
    IF INSERT THEN;
    IF MODIFY THEN;

Or is there any field explanation available? The manual gives me only a rough overview.