Options

OnModify trigger on Job table (167) in NAV 2017

piktazpiktaz Member Posts: 9
edited 2017-04-18 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have this small problem with Job table in NAV 2017 and can't figure it out. The problem is with OnModify() trigger which gets executed every time any of the flowfields on this table get drilled down.

For example, in OnModify() trigger I add this:
mpkwj3shwvjz.jpg

Then open the table in windows client and drill down any flowfield, let's say "Comment" field:
a4458hotqpbn.jpg

When I close the "Comment List" and try to close the Job table I get this:
76ff5lpuzr6j.jpg

This can be replicated in Cronus 10-0 database. I've even removed all the code from the Job table and left just the standard fields with no code behind them whatsoever. Still error occurs. In fact, this is the only table that has this behavior, or at least what I've encountered in my environment. I can create a brand new page for this table with just one flowfield, if I drill it down - error occurs. The debugger is of no help, catches just the OnModify trigger with no execution trace in call stack. No extra movement in "Event subscriptions.." (number of calls) window too.

I imagine it's something very simple, perhaps an event/subscription outside the table or a subtle property somewhere. Any input would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    I have found the culprit. It's a datatype "Media" (Field 140 "Image", Type: Media) that fires OnModify trigger every time a flowfield gets drilled. Even when media field is not exposed to the page.

Changing datatype to MediaSet solves the problem.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    I have found the culprit. It's a datatype "Media" (Field 140 "Image", Type: Media) that fires OnModify trigger every time a flowfield gets drilled. Even when media field is not exposed to the page.

Changing datatype to MediaSet solves the problem.
  • Options
    KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    That's definitely a bug in the client - you should report to Microsoft
  • Options
    Reported.
  • Options
    JuhlJuhl Member Posts: 724
    Hi piktaz

I just tested this on 2 customer systems, i am implementing, where i use Media. (so this is kind of interesting for me). This is on Item table.

But I cant replicate this! Both running on CU4.
    Follow me on my blog juhl.blog