Options

NAV 2017 Workflows - Rever / Apply / Discard values response

georgetheod7georgetheod7 Member Posts: 2
edited 2017-03-22 in NAV Three Tier
Hello!!
I would like some help if someone has already setup a workflow similar to mine to understand how the 3 responses work since I've spent a lot of time without any luck.

What I want to achieve is to setup an approval workflow for Vendors where the initial value of the field will not change until the change is approved. I've used the standard Vendor approval workflow from the templates but what I've noticed is that any change you make even though the approval is rejected or cancelled the changed value remains. From what I understand I can work around this with the following responses : 1. Revert the value of the <Field> field on the record and save the change. 2. Apply the new values 3. Discard new values.

However I've tried to add these responses with several methods on my events but I haven't managed to make it work. The way I believe it should work is by placing the "Revert the value of the <Field> field on the record and save the change" response to the first event which is "A vendor record is changed." However when I do it this way when the approver goes on the Record that needs to be approved the Approve function is not there even though the record is displayed normally in the Approval entries table with Open status...

Has anyone managed to built this kind of workflow so I can get some help????

Thanks in advance!!!!!

yfn1kb3w04w2.jpg

Answers

• Options
    aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    check out the customer credit limit workflow. I believe that does what you are looking for.

When you change the credit limit and leave the record, it alerts you that the approval has started, reverts the value back to what it originally was and closes the record. Once the approval is granted, the value is automatically changed. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    HannesHolstHannesHolst Member Posts: 119
    Hey there,
    What I want to achieve is to setup an approval workflow for Vendors where the initial value of the field will not change until the change is approved.

I don't think this is possible with the standard-functionality.
    To achieve this goal you would have to create a second instance (copy) of the Customer-table in which the users are performing the desired changes. When the record has been approved, the data would have to be copied into the original Customer-table (Table 18 - which is used by the business processes).
    However when I do it this way when the approver goes on the Record that needs to be approved the Approve function is not there even though the record is displayed normally in the Approval entries table with Open status...

Search for "Requests to Approve".

Cheers,
  • Options
    Maria-SMaria-S Member Posts: 90
    I was a little bit confused by this post, so I will put my notes.

1)
    What I want to achieve is to setup an approval workflow for Vendors where the initial value of the field will not change until the change is approved.
    This is definitely possible, I did the following test workflow and it works.
    150um6vd6qvu.png

However,
    2) The "An approval request is approved." event was not on the lookup list, so I had to enter the line manually (after some guessing).
    3) Be sure to check the Enabled checkbox :)
    4) It is not possible to see the not-yet-approved changes on Vendor Card, they are in the Requests for Approval window. If it is one field change, then the "Details" field is helpful. If many fields have been changed - I don't know.

Hope this can be a helpful post.

• Options
    clementinaclementina Member Posts: 5
    @aseigle did you manage to find a solution ?