Options

Is it possible to add a note (system factbox notes) from a list page ?

We have a customized list page with a note factbox (system factbox). On the list page itself the notes can only be viewed, but there cannot be added notes from the list page. Only when you double click on the list page, on the card page the note can be added.

I tried already to make the list page not editable and also via sendkeys (Ctrl + Shift + K = Edit List). But then I have the problem when double clicking on the record that the card page does not open anymore (but the list page again).

What is the best solution for this problem, how can I achieve that it is possible to add notes from my list page ?

Kind regards,

Answers

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    you can create an action which opens card page with shortcut key as Return and try double clicking
  • Options
    Petra_VerhellePetra_Verhelle Member Posts: 10
    Hello,

Thanks for the tip. But it did not work as I expected.

When the list page is editable then :
    - The shortcutkey Return on double click does not work.
    - The sendkey (Ctrl + Shift + K = Edit List) on onopenpage has no effect the first time the list page is opened. I suppose the reason is because it is called from the role center. The second time I open the list page (also from the role center) the sendkey works and opens the list page in another window in edit mode, so then I can add the notes in the notes factbox. But then the double click does not work...

When the listpage is not editable then the sendkey does not work, so I cannot add notes from that list page.

Has anyone a solution or workaround for this ? I don't think it is possible to add notes on the list page called from the role center.

I suppose that I will have to add an action to that list page where notes can be added from there. Maybe someone has an idea how I could do this to add via Nav code notes (table record link) ?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,
    Petra
  • Options
    da_nealda_neal Member Posts: 76
    I think that impposible because page showing in Role Center has no own window. It is part(frame) of main app window. And it Inherit property of main window (like no editable page).
  • Options
    Petra_VerhellePetra_Verhelle Member Posts: 10
    Yes, I think that is the reason. I think you are right that it is not possible...

For that reason I have created an action on that list page that opens another page on the same record with only the notes factbox on that page. With sendkeys on the onopen page I want to put that page ready that the user just has to give in his note (without other clicks or selections). But there I have the problem that I can open the actions (View, New, Delete and Remove), but it is not possible to select the New action on the Notes factbox for some reason...