Options

NAV 2016 Permission chalange

aceXaceX Member Posts: 166
edited 2017-03-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hi there,

I'd like to ask is it possible, using permission sets in Dynamics NAV 2016, to regulate view of the values in one column of the table. It's easy when we need to hide the entire column from the user using AccessByPermission property, but in my case I need the users to be able to see the column and change the values in that column but only for some rows (for some of the Employees). The picture in attachment is explaining what exactly I need.

Please for opinion. I will appreciate any idea or solution.

Best Regards
zdyd825joj6m.png

Best Answer

• Options
    carboncarbon Member Posts: 22
    edited 2017-03-19 Answer ✓
    Hi aceX,
    is it what you need? See the picture.u69xr1jywbek.png Full name is not displayed for two records.

Answers

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    In the OnAfterGetCurrRecord, fill up a boolean variable to define the value may be changed or not. And in the properties of the field, put that boolean in the Editable property.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Hi there @kriki,

That is not the right solution, I can disable the column or maybe the cell in the table, but the main problem is, the user (manager) should not be able to see the value in that cell. The yellow cells should not be visible their values, not just to be disabled for editing ...

Regards
  • Options
    lubostlubost Member Posts: 615
    Make an item in page/form to show global variable (not table field) and in OnAfterGetRecord trigger fill this variable as you want.
  • Options
    Hi there @lubost,

I've thought about that, but, when the user/manager should be able to change the value in the field for employees who is in charge. Maybe there should make MODIFY on the real field in the table. Yellow fields in the table from the picture should be blank or with 0 value.
    I'll try to combine solution from your and @kriki suggestions.
  • Options
    carboncarbon Member Posts: 22
    edited 2017-03-19 Answer ✓
    Hi aceX,
    is it what you need? See the picture.u69xr1jywbek.png Full name is not displayed for two records.
  • Options
    Thank you @carbon for the solution, and thank you for your time to create a simple :)

Best Regards