Options

Cost Adjustment Item Entries nor run for long time !

sbnnwdsbnnwd Member Posts: 8
Hi to all,
My Customer did not run the patch Job Adjsut Cost Item Entries for 3 last Years,
And the 2 first years are now Fiscaly Closed.
Can we run the patch job only for the Open Years and it gives us the correct inventory Cost or not ?
I'am looking forward to your help !

Answers

• Options
    Hi Guys,

Anyone to give me Help,please its urgent situation !!!
  • Options
    da_nealda_neal Member Posts: 76
    if you run the patch all changes of inventory cost from closed periods will post in current opened period (by first opened date).
  • Options
    Thanks a lot "da_neal" for help !
  • Options
    In this case can I use the Revaluation Journal to adjust the Item Entrie, then run the patch of Adjust Item Entries ?
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Give some serious thought to restarting the inventory and then implementing business processes to prevent this situation in the future.

There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    Good Idea bbrown !,if there is another way it will be better !
  • Options
    edited 2017-03-20
    I have an idea in mind,if I modify manually the value entries Field : Cost Amount(Actual) with the rignt cost(Purchase Price + Item Charges) ,then I run the Item Entries Cost Adjust patch job,can I get the rignt avg cost ?
  • Options
    Please, is there anyone to give me his opinion ?
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Are you looking for advice or the answer that you want?

You are never going to recover this by attempts to "fudge" the data. Not to mention the obvious violations of what (at a minimum) would be considered accounting best practices, or even rules depending on where you are. Then there is the whole problem of needing to explain to auditor what happened and what was done.

There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    xStepaxStepa Member Posts: 106
    edited 2017-03-23
    Hi, I don't fully understand what should be the requested result? Your purchase cost are already adjusted, because only sales costs/entries (or non-primary) are adjusted with this job - and yes, this will create GL and Value entries with current posting date.

Or you want to force exclude 1Y+ entries from adjustation batch? Sure the right way doesn't go thru amounts manipulations ...

Theoretically you can try in BACKUP to uncheck the Applied Entry to Adjust field, but this will for 100% cause the inventory value inconsistency (zero stock will indicate residual value) on your locations.

So, agree with bbrown - consult with auditor and then use the standard procedures ...
    Regards
    xStepa
  • Options
    Thx a lot BBrown and xStepa for this consistent advice .