Options

Events in New Development Environment

Dear all,
As we need know from NAV 2016 to modify existing object and ship the changes with extension we use Events in Dynamics NAV. But, now
I am wondering while making an extensions with new development environment i.e. Visual Studio code, how we subscribe to events using AL Language?

anyone has any example.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Best Regards
Zohaib Ahmed
Dynamics NAV ERP Technical Consultant.

please like / agree / verify my answer, if it was helpful for you. thanks.

Best Answer

• Options
    zohaibu95@hotmail.comzohaibu95@hotmail.com Member Posts: 223
    Answer ✓
    aceX wrote: »
    Hi there @zohaibu95,

I still can't find how to install AL Language extension in Visual Studio Code. Did you succeed to find and install this extension?
    I have downloaded a newest update for VS Code, but when I'm searching extensions I don't see nothing similar to it.

Best Regards

You need Windows Azure Virtual Machine to play with AL. If you don't have a subscription get a trial from azure.microsoft.com

For complete instructions have a look on here: http://mohana-dynamicsnav.blogspot.in/2016/12/developing-extensions-using-new-visual_21.html
    Best Regards
    Zohaib Ahmed

Answers

• Options
    aceXaceX Member Posts: 166
    Hi there @zohaibu95,

I still can't find how to install AL Language extension in Visual Studio Code. Did you succeed to find and install this extension?
    I have downloaded a newest update for VS Code, but when I'm searching extensions I don't see nothing similar to it.

Best Regards
  • Options
    zohaibu95@hotmail.comzohaibu95@hotmail.com Member Posts: 223
    Answer ✓
    aceX wrote: »
    Hi there @zohaibu95,

Best Regards

You need Windows Azure Virtual Machine to play with AL. If you don't have a subscription get a trial from azure.microsoft.com

For complete instructions have a look on here: http://mohana-dynamicsnav.blogspot.in/2016/12/developing-extensions-using-new-visual_21.html
    Best Regards
    Zohaib Ahmed