Options

Problem connecting the Excel Add-In/PowerPivot

AitorEGAitorEG Member Posts: 342
Hello everyone,

I have a problem has you can read in the tittle, when connecting either PowerPivor or Excel Add-In from a client computer.
In with the PowerPivot, when I try to connect the data feed in this way:
romodazloynz.png
I get the next error:
un2p4qe1j4y9.png

Something really similar occurs when I try to connect the Excel Add-In.
fsa49wdu3jzf.png
I add here the ODATA url
https://******.*****.net:7048/NAV/OData/
When the user and password are asked, I introduce them, and after a while, I get the next error:
l2pfedo4d3uj.png
"Server configuration recovery error"
Why could this happen? It's driving me crazy...

Thanks for your help

Answers

• Options
    vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi,

this looks like a permission issue, but it is difficult to say, what needs to be added/changed.
    To debug it start a browser e.g. IE
    and insert the link
    You will need to insert a username and password.
    The result should be a page with json code.

If you cannot see it, then try to start NAV client and to connect to the database.

If you sue windows authentication this should work, straight away, if you use username then it might be a bit tricky.

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    vremeni4 wrote: »
    Hi,

this looks like a permission issue, but it is difficult to say, what needs to be added/changed.
    To debug it start a browser e.g. IE
    and insert the link
    You will need to insert a username and password.
    The result should be a page with json code.

If you cannot see it, then try to start NAV client and to connect to the database.

If you sue windows authentication this should work, straight away, if you use username then it might be a bit tricky.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for ypour answer. I've already tried that before, and as you have said, I can see a JSON code when I insert the ODATA url on the browser. As you said, seems to be a permission issue. I must to go deeper on that...
    Thanks!
  • Options
    edited 2017-02-22
    I've installed the excel in the server, and it works OK. I've exported a list from the client aplication to excel, and after editing a field in NAV, with the refresh button of the AddIn in excel, the excel get the changes. But when I try to do the same in a machine that I just have the click once client, it doesn't work... It appears this error:
    7u1nchf0cg9b.png
  • Options
    vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi,

As far as I know when you use clickonce client (deployment) then this type of thing will not work.
    You should be able to export to Excel, but the refresh button will not work.

• Options
    edited 2017-02-23
    vremeni4 wrote: »
    Hi,

As far as I know when you use clickonce client (deployment) then this type of thing will not work.
    You should be able to export to Excel, but the refresh button will not work.

Thank you very much, It should be something like that, because I don't dfind anything else to work on it.. Hopefuly someone will confirm what you are saying.
    So, the only way to use the refresh button will be on the machine that NAv is installed?? Or is there any other way, for example, with the web client?
    Thank you again!
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

I am returning to this issue, but I have a doubt, that may resolve all this.

Is it possible to use the refresh button inthe excel, outside the machine that has NAV installed??

Thank you very much