2009 R2 NAV Locks up/Crashes During REPORT.RUN

OldNavDogOldNavDog Member Posts: 88
Hi, Folks!

I am at my wit's end...

I have a piece of code that is running under 2009 R2 Classic (now Build 6.00.34105). It is designed to ultimately run under the NAS; but during Development/Debugging, I have found that it is far easier to "fake" a NAS by simply running the Codeunit that the NAS would be running, but simply Running that from another instance of the Classic Client (that way, it is much easier to use the Debugger, show a CONFIRM, etc while Developing/Debugging).

But I have also tried this under a NAS. So please don't get off on that tangent. I have used a Classic Client as a "Fake NAS" during Development many a time, and it works quite well.

Anyway, this piece of code comes down to doing a REPORT.RUN(Report#,FALSE,FALSE);

The Report is set up to run with BullZip PDF Printer. Another part of this same Application has the SAME code to set-up the BullZip configuration, and do a REPORT.RUN same as the code that is "crashing".

Everything up to the REPORT.RUN executes fine. Putting a Breakpoint there stops execution, just like Mother said...

I can then single-step into the Report, and it executes all of the code in the Report, including the code in the OnPostReport trigger; but as SOON as it gets ready to actually RENDER the Report (Regardless of whether it is to BullZip, or to a "physical" printer), NAV simply "goes off the deep end", with whatever line I was "on" in Object Designer Flashing rapidly and irregularly, and a Breakpoint placed on the next line of code never being reached. The only thing I can do is to Close the "fake NAS" instance of Classic, and try again.

I have moved everything to a completely different server, with a completely different instance of BullZip and a completely different instance of NAV executables and a completely different "demo DB". I Exported/Import the Objects in my Application as Text, so they would have to be re-compiled "from scratch" (no BLOBs or MetaData hanging around). SAME RESULT.

I have also tried this on three different Reports, including one that Runs FINE in another part of my Application(!!!) SAME RESULT. All of these reports are RDLC, BTW.

I had another version of 2009 R2 NAV executables with a Hotfix that helped another Printing-Crash issue a few years ago on a completely different Project laying around, and so Upgraded my DB to use that (see Build number at the beginning of this Post). SAME RESULT.

However, after the upgrade, now I am getting something in the Event Log, including a "Crash Report". I tried to include it here; but apparently it makes the Post "body" too long. I tried to Attach it, and it said my ".txt" Filetype was not allowed. So if anyone can tell me how to show you the Crash Log, that would be really nice... (Grrr!)

So, does anyone have ANY idea what could be happening here?!?

:/

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want. --Anon.