Options

PowerShell: Import/Compile: can't connect to Server Instance

RalfEscherRalfEscher Member Posts: 2
edited 2017-01-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hi!

While working with the Compile-NAVApplicationObject & Import-NAVApplicationObject Scripts I am keep getting the same error message on my local machine:
Environment: NAV2016 (Build 44974), but occurs also on other builds.
[0] The Server Instance specified in the Options window is not available for this database. You must choose an instance to use before performing this activity. Do you want to do this now? -- Object: Table 3 Payment Terms

On my local machine I have many different NAV installations, but we don't encounter the problem on the middle tier server or on the local machine of my collegue (also with multiple installations). We check the registry settings, tried to load the DLL manually, check the verbose output and many more.
Additionally we forced the script to use the correct server instance, server name & management port (without it finds the wrong server instance).
We assume that the problem is the sync tenant function since it is working for all other objects except tables.

Any helpful hints?

Thanks in advance
Ralf

Answers

• Options
    kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    Make sure the powershell shortcut is executing the ps1 script from the correct build directory. It should be located in the service tier directory. I have about 15 different builds on my system, so I have a shortcut that runs C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\900 44947\Service\NavAdminTool.ps1 Note that you cannot copy/paste that path - the powershell shortcut has other parameters that make it execute correctly, so copy an existing shortcut and modify that.
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint
  • Options
    RalfEscherRalfEscher Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the hint (we checked that).

Meanwhile we have found out that the problem only occurs if there is more than one Server Instance assigned to the according database. We have contacted Microsoft Support which are working on that Problem (they could reproduce that error).
  • Options
    KTAKTA Member Posts: 11
    Hi RalfEscher,

We have the same problem. Did you get an answer from Microsoft?