Adding a total to a NAV report

wmlwml Member Posts: 2
Hi,

I am currently editing a Packing List report in the NAV development environment (with report builder). The last thing I need to do is to add several totals to the report (for example total weight).
The weight of each line in the packing list is calculated by Quantity*(Weight of 1 item). I cannot manage to calculate the total weight, since the weight of each line is not stored anywhere (so something as easy as SUM(weight) does not work).
Is there maybe some way to keep track of a running total with a few lines of code, which I print at the bottom of the report in the end?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answers

Answers

• saravanans87saravanans87 Member Posts: 36
    I hope the above suggestion might resolve your issue but in case If it didn't then try using VB code in RDLC by creating some custom functions and do the calculation inside the functions. keep in mind to clear the variables whenever the group changes.
    Software Developer,
    Archerpoint India Pvt. Ltd,Chennai.
  • wmlwml Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the input everyone! I went with the solution proposed by Kishorm and it seems to work fine. Since I'm still new to C/AL coding, it was very useful to know where to add my code, so thanks for that as well LCosta ;)