Word Report with Pictures in NAV2017

chrisdfchrisdf Member Posts: 82
Hi,

There seems to be a problem with printing a picture in a Word Report with NAV2017.

The Picture field has been changed to a new data type called Media Set (rather than blob).

If a construct a very simple Word report in Cronus with a :

Item.GET('1900-S');

and then just create a Word Document which displays the Item.Picture field, I get the following behaviour:

1. Running the report from the Dev environment works fine.

2. I then go to Report Layouts and Create a Custom Report Layout (without changing the report layout at all) and make that Custom Report Layout the default for the test report.

3. When I run the report after that then an error pops up saying -

"The Word Layout does not comply with the current report design ... of type Picture is bound to a data source that contains an incompatible type MediaSet"

It offers an option to run an Automatic Update but that does not work.

The curious thing is that the report output then appears correctly but another error message pops up after that about incompatibility.

I suspect this is a Microsoft bug - it's present in NAV2017 CU2.

Has anyone else experienced this and come up with a workaround in the absence of a MS fix?

Thanks!

Comments

• nhsejthnhsejth Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 34
    It has been identified as a bug in CU2 and will be fixed in next CU. As a workaround, use the built-in Word layout on the report object.

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • chrisdfchrisdf Member Posts: 82
    Thanks Niels - saved us raising a support case. Cannot use the workaround you suggest as we use Custom Reports extensively in our solution but it can wait until CU3 I guess.

The workaround is to just say "Yes" to the error message that asks if you want to do an automatic update.