Upgrade to Nav 2016 With LS

DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
Hello Friends,

My client is having database of Nav 2009 SP1 with LS Retail. They are interested to migrate to Nav 2016. Is it necessary to upgrade first to Nav 2013 & then move to Nav 2016 with LS retail? Or shell we directly move to Nav 2016?

Comments

• montelnmonteln Member Posts: 4
    Yes you need to go over nav2013 and then over nav 2015. Have in mind you need to have appropriate version of LS.
  • DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
    During saving the 37 no table it is showing error the below error. Can anyone help me below error.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment
    The schema synchronization may result in deleted data. The following destructive changes were detected:

Table: 37, Sales Line
    Field: 16563, KK Cess%: Deleted
    Field: 16564, KK Cess Amount: Deleted
    Field: 16565, KK Cess Amount (Intm): Deleted

Examples of code to migrate data:

DataUpgradeMgt.SetTableSyncSetup(DATABASE::"Sales Line",[Upgrade Table Id],TableSynchSetup.Mode::[Mode]);.

OK
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    check whether those fields are really deleted in latest version or merge issue.
    I doubt upgrade codeunit might have taken care of it.
  • zohaibu95@hotmail.comzohaibu95@hotmail.com Member Posts: 223
    Hi,
    There are two paths for upgrading from 2009 to 2016 i.e.
    1. 2009 -> 2013 -> 2016
    2. 2009 -> 2015 -> 2016.

however i prefer the first, as compare and merge process is relatively easy.

Recently, i have made a guide for upgrading from NAV 4 to NAV 2016. You can have a look and if you need any help in upgrading you can contact me. I am attaching the guide in this post.

As far as i understand from your error these are the fields which exist in 2009 but not in 2016. These fields are in the range of 16 thousand (specialized field). Are you sure that you have the same region of NAV 2016 as of NAV 2009.

Like for instance if my client's version is NAV 2009 (DK) then i need to have the NAV 2016 DK region as well to avoid losing the data.

Best Regards
    Zohaib Ahmed
    Dynamics NAV ERP Technical Consultant.

please like / agree / verify my answer, if it was helpful for you. thanks.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Sit with your client and discuss the pros and cons. But in most cases like this they are better off starting with a clean install. There have been a lot of changes between these versions that will cause you a lot of grief down the road. Even if they have not heavily modified LS Retail it is still difficult to correctly remap old code to new, and if they have done any customizations to the POS then it gets difficult and expensive.

We have done a lot of these upgrades, and so far in 100% of cases it worked out better to do a new install than to try to upgrade LS Retail.
    David Singleton
  • DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
    Thanks Zohaib Ahmed, Surely I will get in touch with you in case of any query.

Thanks David, Your suggests are always helpful. But my client is preferred to go with upgrade only. I have loyalty management & Payroll of Newgen in LS Retail & Navision.

During merging of the objects, the developer license doesn't allow to merge the payroll & giving permission error. Has microsoft stop supporting the payroll range in license?

Do LS retail has loyalty management program also? Client also want loyalty management after upgrade.

• zohaibu95@hotmail.comzohaibu95@hotmail.com Member Posts: 223
    Thanks Zohaib Ahmed, Surely I will get in touch with you in case of any query.

Thanks David, Your suggests are always helpful. But my client is preferred to go with upgrade only. I have loyalty management & Payroll of Newgen in LS Retail & Navision.

During merging of the objects, the developer license doesn't allow to merge the payroll & giving permission error. Has microsoft stop supporting the payroll range in license?

Do LS retail has loyalty management program also? Client also want loyalty management after upgrade.

@DynamicUser i think if it is giving you error while merging make sure you have the same target version like e.g. Dynamics NAV 2016 with LS Retail component. Otherwise it will give error.
    Best Regards
    Zohaib Ahmed
    Dynamics NAV ERP Technical Consultant.

please like / agree / verify my answer, if it was helpful for you. thanks.