Options

Nav 2009 R2 compatible with outlook 2016

Hello,

I did an upgrade from outlook 2007 to outlook 2016 and I have the following problem.
When I try to sent automatically a mail in navision I get the next message.

With outlook 2007 I never had a problem. I use codeunit 397.

"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

Can you help me to resolve the problem?

Thx,

Alexander

Best Answer

• Options
    abab Member Posts: 37
    Answer ✓
    Hi,

Thx for your response.
    I've good news because the problem is solved. There was a problem with 64-bit and 32-bit.
    You have to install office 2017 32-bit version because nav 2009 is 32-bit.

Alexander

Answers

• Options
    Berno_SBerno_S Member Posts: 21
    I've googled it an only answer I can find is that it's only supported up to outlook 2013 32bit, but if you should have found a solution for it I eager to hear it, since I have same problem.
    Alternatively you can use SMTP mail (C400), this works, but do not have the same possibility for defining current user as sender
  • Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    C400 does have the possibility to define email sender address and a name. It also allows to add BCC address, the current user can be added as BCC destination - good enough to have an evidence in a mailbox that the email has been sent. Both changes require small customization though.

As for C397 compatibility with newer Outlooks - this is slightly more complicated but also doable. There is a custom dll library available, called Redemption, it can be purchased from http://www.dimastr.com. You can build customization based on it which will let you to workaround the problem with newer Outlook..

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    abab Member Posts: 37
    Answer ✓
    Hi,

Thx for your response.
    I've good news because the problem is solved. There was a problem with 64-bit and 32-bit.
    You have to install office 2017 32-bit version because nav 2009 is 32-bit.

Alexander