Options

Upgrade Of LS Retail 2009

DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
Dear All,

I need to upgrade the LS Retail 2009 to latest version. What is the way to upgrade from LS retail 2009 to Nav 2015 or higher version? I have few questions which help me to understand the LS upgrade.

1. Do we have to merge LS retail objects with Navision ?
2. Do LS retail provide Navision database with merge LS retail objects?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Thanks Rashed.. :smile: One more question, which I am very eager to know. Upgrade is a better way or fresh implementation is a better approach for LS projects.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    It depends on what the client wants.
    Usually LS databases large and you may not want to bring over all the history. if client is ok with that, you can do fresh implementation.
    As far as any customization done on the POS, you have to rewrite majority of for the new RTC POS client.
    I suggest to take a class on for the new POS, to do proper UI modifications, since everything is now shown through the Addin on the POS.
    Also LS upgrades are more complicate because of multiple database the POS run on and personal needed to upgrade everything at once, in addition to testing the Hardware if it works with OPOS.
    I recommend to upgrade Head office first and setup replication for the transaction. Then in second phase upgrade the POS. You can replicate from older client to the Headoffice.
    Last project I upgrade 4.0 LS Retail to 2016 and this the steps I took. The client had 100 stores.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Planning to upgrade to Nav 2016. My partner has given me LS Retail exe file and Navision 2016 . I have installed Nav 2016, but the doubt is how to use this exe file.
  • Options
    Clicking on Run Client. System throwing below error

Cannot load an instance of the following .NET Framework object: assembly POSAddIn, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=194563f11b671d8c.

Is there anyone who faced the error?
  • Options
    zohaibu95@hotmail.comzohaibu95@hotmail.com Member Posts: 223
    I guess you need to run and install the LS Retail.exe file after installing NAV 2016.
    =========================================
    As far as your first question is concerned, it depends how much customization do you have. Like if you have less customization you can upgrade but if your NAV old solution is highly customized migration (fresh installation) will be good.
    It also depends do you want to keep old data in NAV 2016 as well or you just want to transfer the master data to the newer version and keep the old version for archive purpose.

If you need any help in upgrading let me know. Thanks
    Best Regards
    Zohaib Ahmed
    Dynamics NAV ERP Technical Consultant.

please like / agree / verify my answer, if it was helpful for you. thanks.
  • Options
    Thanks Zohaib Ahmed.. Surely will get in touch with you.
  • Options
    Thanks Zohaib Ahmed.. Surely will get in touch with you.

Sure i have detailed guide which i have created when i am upgrading from nav 4.0 :)
    Best Regards
    Zohaib Ahmed

• Options
    sudhakarsvsudhakarsv Member Posts: 100
    Zohaib Ahmed
    Can you share detailed guide for upgrading from NAV 4.0 to LS 2016,which was prepared by you.
    Regards,
    S.V.Sudhakar
  • Options
    sudhakarsv wrote: »
    Zohaib Ahmed
    Can you share detailed guide for upgrading from NAV 4.0 to LS 2016,which was prepared by you.

Yes sure @sudhakarsv . It is not with LS but the concept/process remains same.
    Best Regards
    Zohaib Ahmed