Options

Dynamics NAV BREP Renewal

Can you please suggest, Is there any disadvantage for the customer, If they are not renewing the BREP with Microsoft Dynamics Partner (Vendor)? Is there any issue will be there in Future If they didnt renewed the BREP?
If possible suggest me the Advantages and Disadvantages of not renewing the BREP.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
S.A.K.Ahamed Meeran

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    sakameeransakameeran Member Posts: 52
    Thanks Brown. If we don't maintain the BREP, we can work as normal as before (Except Upgrade and hotfix)?
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Those are just 2 of the reasons I could think of off the top of my head. They may not be the only ones. There may also be valid arguments the other way. I've not been involved in the sales side of things for a number of years. So I don't claim to be the expert here. Just stating what I do know.

There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    FiddiFiddi Member Posts: 46
    edited 2016-11-01
    we can work as normal as before?

As long as there are no Regulatory requirements, which require a NAV- update, perhaps yes.

But if there are new Operating Systems or SQL-Server- Versions for your new Server and Clients, which aren't supported by your actual NAV- Version, then you will have no chance to upgrade/ add hardware.
  • Options
    taigtaig Member Posts: 6
    The other issue you would have is as you don't have an active BREP you wouldn't be able to buy additional users, or objects (like tables, forms, pages, reports etc).
    It is not recommended to let the BREP lapse.

Kind Regards
    Roland
    TAIG Solutions Limited
    http://taigsolutions.co.uk - A MS Dynamics NAV Partner