Options

how can i show the button new in a dropdownlist ?

how can i show the button new in a dropdownlist of field that is related to another table ?

Answers

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Set InsertAllowed property of the dropdown page to No
  • Options
    edgardsayahedgardsayah Member Posts: 9
    the button new still does not appear in the dropdownlist near advanced button
  • Options
    ok, I thought you want to remove it.
    if you want to show it then you need to set InsertAllowed property to Yes.
  • Options
    KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    Is it RTC to classic client you are referring to (you have posted in classic client section)?...
    • In RTC you get a "mini-dropdown" list and on here you need to click on "Advanced" to go the the full list page which will allow you to add a new record. Note if the list page does not show a "New" action then set the InsertAllowed property to 'Yes' (not 'No'). Also, if the list page has a related card page then also make sure that the InsertAllowed property of the card page is also set to 'Yes'
    • In Classic client there is no "New" button - you ether go to a blank line at the end of the list and create a new record or if it's not editable then you then go to the card view and add a record there
  • Options
    but by default when the page was created the insertallowed property is yes
  • Options
    you need to check in the related card page as well..
  • Options
    Is is also set to yes on the related card page?

Also, to be clear - you won't get a "new" option next to the "advanced" option - you need to click on "advanced" and then add from there.
  • Options
    yes it is also set to yes on list and card page
  • Options
    Where are you looking for the "New" option? As mentioned above it won't appear next to the "Advanced" option - you will have to click on "Advanced" to get to the List page and then create a new record from there.
  • Options
    i have field that it is related to another table shown as dropdownlist . so when i open the dropdownlist , a list of related record appear . At the button there are 2 button "new" and "advanced" . "New" button open directly the page card in order to create new record ,and the "advanced" button open the list page .I have used this option before but i don't know how the new button disappear .
  • Options
    Hmmm, I never really noticed that "new" option there - must have obviously seen it but not "noticed" it if you see what I mean.

Can you check/confirm that the List page is editable (Editable property = Yes)
  • Options
    yes the list page is editable = yes
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Can you confirm that if you click on "Advanced" then the "New" action is available on the list page?
  • Options
    the new action isn't available on the first page
  • Options
    Ok if the "New" action is not available on the list page then that explains why it's not on the dropdown list. Now double check that both the list page and the related card page have the "InsertAllowed" property set to "Yes". Also the list page must be Editable or the related card page must be editable.