Report not executed through JobQueue - NAV 2009

georgetheod7georgetheod7 Member Posts: 2
Hi to all! I am having a strange problem and I wanted to check if someone else has found a solution for something similar. We have NAV 2009 R2 and we are using Job Queue for various routines. Our last development was the creation of a report that when it is executed it saves the output as html under a specified path. We have also created a CodeUnit that will call the report though the Job Queue. So we've setup a Job Queue entry to point at the CodeUnit which will execute the report. The strange that happens here is that if we manually run the CodeUnit the report output is created perfectly under the specified path. However if it is executed through the Job Queue the report doesn't create the html file even though it gives a successful run message. I've read similar cases in the forum that suggested running the CodeUnit 448 for debugging and I tried that. The outcome was that again the report run successfully and created the file also! So I really don't know what I am missing here... I would really appreciate to hear any ideas!!

Answers

• KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    edited 2016-10-21
    Some questions...

1) What is the code in your codeunit?

2) What is the file path used, e.g. Is it a UNC path? Is it accessible from the server running the NAS service? Does the account running the NAS service have access to create files in the path?
  • endjinnendjinn Member Posts: 11
    1. Make sure the service account running the job queue has access to the UNC path / path where the HTML is being written.
    2. Use UNC paths and share the folder as the Job Queue will run from the NAV server...
    3. This may sound obvious but does the directory where you're writing the file exist on the NAV server?