Options

Why two Pick lines generated when create pick lines in warehouse shipment?

RathiRathi Member Posts: 51
Hello all,
Why there are two lines generated for each 'create pick line' ?

Need help
Thanks.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    If you add field action type field to page then it will show one line as take and another one as place.
  • Options
    The value is Take if you are picking items from the bin. The value is Place if you are putting items away in the bin.
  • Options
    KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    The system generates a "Take" line to take the stock out of the picking bin and then generates a "Place" line to place the stock into the shipping bin.
  • Options
    edited 2016-10-20
    Yes one from bin List another from bin content list. How to delete one of the pick line. Because when i register pick, i've got error that bin Code is empty.

Please help.
  • Options
    deleting a line is not correct solution I guess.
    what exactly is the error message
  • Options
    You can't just delete one of the lines - you have to pick from one bin and then put into another bin. It's probably the "Take" line that has the blank bin and the reason for this is that there is insufficient stock in a Pick type bin.

Normally in such a case (insufficient stock in pickable bins) the pick lines wouldn't get created but you can force the system to generate the pick lines by ticking the "Always Create Pick Line" option.

If you have stock in your location then you must move it into a pickable bin, then when you generate the pick the system will automatically set the Bin Code on the "Take" type lines.

See the following for more info on Bin Types...

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh173382(v=nav.90).aspx
  • Options
    How to update the 'take' line zone Code and Bin Code?
  • Options
    Add the "Bin Code" column on the Whse Pick Card
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    I still unable to solve this issue. When i'm trying to update the bin code for that location, it shows this error. I should get the item from receiving location but the NAv does not allows me to take from there.

Any idea?
  • Options
    Yeah ok im clear now.. :)
    Thanks alot Kishorm.. o:)