Options

get current customer number

lamislamis Member Posts: 46
Hey, I'm on the customer card page, I've created an action that opens a new page, on this new page, I want to get the customer number of this card automatically when I insert a new record in it . how can this be done?

Answers

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    did you check the standard actions like ship to addresses and bank accounts how the customer no. is automatically flown?
    check the properties of the actions..
  • Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    Lamis,

Try Once as Mohana Suggested.

You want to manually open that Page from the Action Button and you want that customer no over there? Remaining field values you will then enter manually right?
  • Options
    ishwarsharma016ishwarsharma016 Member Posts: 50
    I suggest that you store the customer no. value in a global variable on the second page which you're opening.

Make a function on the second page and pass one parameter "Cust_No" and when you open this page from customer card, open this page using RUNMODAL function and call the function and pass the Customer No. value from Customer card to this global variable.

Code on OnAction trigger of opening this page would look something like,
    NewPage.AssignCustomer(Rec."No.");
    NewPage.RUNMODAL;

Add the function AssignCustomer(LocalCustNo) in the new page and add code in it,
    GlobalCustNo := LocalCustNo;

GlobalCustNo is the global variable and LocalCustNo is parameter in AssignCustomer function.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Ishwar Sharma

My Blogs: Dynamics Community Blog | Blogspot
    Connect: Google + | Twitter
  • Options
    KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    Mohana is right, look at standard NAV... hint, have a look at the "RunPageLink" property
  • Options
    lamislamis Member Posts: 46
    edited 2016-10-14
    thank youu all , that was helpfull
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!