Options

Item Card

Hi,

We are running Navision 2009 R2 and have a question on item card. We have created a lot of items in the system and my question is how to find out that item has been created but this item hasnt been used at all in any operation in the system and has no sales or purchases or positive or negative adjustments against it. So my question is how to find out such items from navision whereby they are just sitting inside our database and doing nothing

Regards
Khan

Answers

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Create a report to show items which have no item ledger entries
  • Options
    kwajahathydrokwajahathydro Member Posts: 88
    Hi Mohana,

thanks for your reply. well not sure how to create an report as i am not a developer. if that can be simple can you list me down the steps and i will try to do it. Or is there any other way to do it from item table or item card using any of the field and filter them in navision and take the data into excel.

Regards
    Khan
  • Options
    you can export the data from Item list and
    Open Item Ledger entries of any Item and remove the No. filter (Clear Filter action) and export all Ledger entries.
    you can identify items which are not existing in Ledger entries using some excel formulas.
  • Options
    Hi Mohana,

thanks. Shall try it out and see if that works or not. If still cant get what I want i will go back to the vendor and see if he can help us. thanks for the tip

Regards
    Kha
  • Options
    hi mohana,

sorry i need your help here. you have to show me the steps on how to write a report which you have shared earlier with me. well currently in my database i have items like 10284 records and item ledger entry as 230724 records which is quite difficult to copy and paste into excel and do some summation formula over there.

so pls do guide me in a simple manner if you can to show me on how to create an report and get the desired result. I hope you dont mind helping me over here

Regards
    Khan
  • Options
    If you know little bit programming knowledge then start creating and let us know if you have any issues.
    if no then please contact your vendor.
  • Options
    Hi,

Is there anyone in this forum who can give me simple instructions on how to create an report as what Mohana has suggested pls

Regards
    Khan
  • Options
    KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    edited 2016-09-27
    I agree with @mohana_cse06 - if you don't have the experience in house to write reports then you should be asking your vendor to do this for you.

If you really want to start writing reports yourself then you should consider going on a course or at the very least start researching and looking at blogs and how-to videos on YouTube maybe even getting a book on NAV development. Once you have the basics then you can always post on Mibuso if and when you hit on any specific problems or issues.
  • Options
    binilabrahambinilabraham Member Posts: 45
    kwajahathydro, Please go through the below links and take a try by yourself;

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd355340.aspx

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301275.aspx
    Software Developer,
    Archerpoint India Pvt. Ltd,Chennai.