Options

Extensions between versions (2016/2017)

TranadTranad Member Posts: 3
edited 2016-09-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hey there !

I was testing extensions in the Nav 2016 (Cronus Database) and couldn't achieve what I wanted to do. So I decided to download Nav 2017 (Downloadable here if you fill a little survey). Then I thought "Nice ! I will be able to install my 2016 extension on 2017 !".

I got an error :
548344Error.png

This wasn't a big extension, but I had to add a field in "Sales Header" Table in it. Understanding how the .DELTA files were generated (here you have a pretty good example, made by Ashwini Tripathi) I decided to check the differences between "Sales Header" 's table in those versions, using WinMerge :

117550WinMerge.png
(Just in case, all the yellow/grey zones are added/missing code lines)

I got sad, this was blinking more than my Christmas Tree ! When Microsoft announced this new feature, I directly thought about the migrations, like right click, copy, right click, paste.

Can I only use my extensions in the Navision version I developped it ?

Many thanks in advance,

Tranad

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    we need to have a extension upgrade functions along with each extension
    so create global upgrade functions (atleast blank) OnNavAppUpgradePerDatabase and OnNavAppUpgradePerCompany
  • Options
    Thanks for your answer.

I've made some research on those two functions, and tried to follow Waldo's topic (It seems like the function "RESTOREARCHIVEDATA" is only available in NAV 2017). I didn't understood well where I had to use those functions, but I presume in the 2016, in a new CU included in the package.

I tried, creating a new CU in NAV 2016 with those two empty functions :
    mini_803907Cu50000.png

Then tried to install the new package which included the CU newly created, and had this error :
    256512NewError.png

Could you enlighten me about this new error please ? This all being new, I can't find any hint on the net.

Tranad
  • Options
    edited 2016-09-26
    Like Walter White said in Breaking Bad, you're goddamn right !

Many thanks ! It's all working now !

Tranad
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!