Options

Navision 2015 (Backup / Restore) Company

dbiwolldbiwoll Member Posts: 3
edited 2016-09-23 in NAV Three Tier
I have a problem on importing NavData Backup into Database.

Situation. Client has 3 DataBases because he has a lot of Companies in the Database. It is a historical relict, because in old Navision Backup need a real long time to restore a company or delete a company. Now i have 2015 working (Back to Basics) with smale modifications.

If i export a company i am not able to import the backup in a other database. I was thinking it is a structure problem. For this i made a test to import into sama database. (Test Comapny was deleted). I am not able to import into same Database.

In Event Viewer i get following Error Message...

Thank you for any suggestions...

//

Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.NavClientClosingException
Fatal: False
ShowError: True
Message: The server "XXXXX" was unable to process the request. The application will close.
StackTrace:
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient.ExceptionHandler.DoExecute(Func`1 execute)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient.ExceptionHandler.DoRethrowWithCatchException(Exception exception, Boolean designMode)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient.ExceptionHandler.DoHandleThreadException(Exception exception, Boolean designMode)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient.ExceptionHandler.WinFormsDispatcherUnhandledException(Object sender, DispatcherUnhandledExceptionEventArgs eventArgs)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.WinForms.WinFormsDispatcher.HandleDispatcherException(Object sender, Exception e)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.WinForms.WinFormsDispatcher.OnThreadException(Object sender, ThreadExceptionEventArgs eventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient.NavWinFormsClientSession.RunMessagePump()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient.NavWinFormsClientSession.RunCore()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Windows.ClientSessionBase.Run()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient.NavClientErrorHandler.ExecuteAndCatchExceptions(Func`1 execute)
Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient
HResult: -2146233088
Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.Exceptions.NavServerSessionException
Message: The server "XXXXX" was unable to process the request. The application will close.
StackTrace:
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient.ExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<DoRethrowWithCatchException>b__4()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient.NavClientErrorHandler.ExecuteAndCatchExceptions(Func`1 execute)
Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient
HResult: -2146233088

Answers

• Options
    kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    In order for a navdata restore to work, the table objects for both the source and destination databases must exactly match. You put in the eventlog message, but do you get an error message in RTC when you try to do the restore? But you also said you tried to restore into the same database. You cannot overwrite an existing company, so the only way to do that restore is to delete the company first.

In any case, if you are getting error messages either in the same database or a different database, post the error messages as a reply.
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint
  • Options
    I have tested for same table structure. Objects in all Databases are the same. The Client Message was

The server "XXXX" was unable to process the request. The Application will close.

and sure after Backup i have deleted the Company i have created for Test purpose. I think it is not a Handling Problem. (i hope).

• Options
    What options are you choosing for the restore? Reply with a screen snap.
  • Options
    edited 2016-09-23
    In the Database I have had BAB_TEST_1. From this i created a copy of the company (BAB_TEST_2). Than i have created the backup including both companies. Than i have deleted BAB_TEST_2 company and have tried to restore with the following Settings.

And all this happens in 1 Database. Before i was thinking, that the structure is different from DB1 to DB2..... but her i am inside 1 Database, Backup and Restore within 2 Minutes. Defenitly same object version., same Database structure....

and P.S. with PS we get the same Error Message.....
  • Options
    OK. I was afraid that you had some Global Data or Application Data going in at the same time.

I have not seen this problem before. So these are just some suggestions of things to try.

Before you make the backup, make sure the source database has all of the multi-tenant tables synchronized. You can do that with the NAV Administrator Powershell, or the Dev client can also do that.

Then create your navdata export.

Synchronize the tables in the destination database.

Then try the restore.