Options

Multiple records in Nav 2016 report

frkfrk Member Posts: 1
Hello,

I have report where I need to display all the record from G/l Entry for a particular account. Now I also need to display the dimension attached to it. For this I have 2 data set, table 17 and table 480 (dimension set ID) and they are linked. Now when you run the report, if any g/l record has 2 dimensions, then 2 lines are created in the query. So when I am try to print this dataset through a table, I am getting 2 records for every g/l entry. How can I sort this out as I need to display the g/l record and total it.

Please advise.

Answers

• Options
    SowkarthikaSowkarthika Member Posts: 102
    Check the Group properties of the table in RDLC. 'Group on' expressions should be specified. Hope you have set the DataItemlink property of the table correctly.

you can check https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj551758(v=nav.90).aspx for detailed explanation.
  • Options
    KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    Have a look at report 406 as this has the ability to print dimensions when you select the "Show Internal Information" - you can copy the design from there. Basically you will need to group on the "G/L Entry" "Entry No." and print the "G/L Entry" details in the group header and print the dimension details in the detail section.
  • Options
    binilabrahambinilabraham Member Posts: 45
    Like Sowkarthika mentioned, try the report group by "G/L Account No." and link the T480 with "Dimension Set ID".
    Software Developer,
    Archerpoint India Pvt. Ltd,Chennai.
  • Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    I believe you should take help either from Report 406 OR 206. It will give you an Overview.