Options

NAV 2013R2 Can an XMLport export be run without user intervention?

dmlerouxdmleroux Member Posts: 3
I have a user who needs to convert posted sales invoices into XML files for submission to a payment processing company. Each invoice must be a separate XML file with a pdf attachment. By itself, this was no particular problem. The problem comes when they batch post 50 invoices and then want to create all the XML and PDF files in a batch. I can set the code up to handle this, but the XMLport insists on showing a request page and a save dialog - meaning someone needs to do 100 extra mouse clicks. Is there a way to avoid this?

If I try using "XMLport.RUN..." I can get rid of the request page, but it also means I can't set the destination file name nor add the attachment, and I still have the save dialog. And the file names must meet a specific format.

sample code:
PInvRec is the posted invoice header.
Xport is the XMLport
PInvRpt is the report to used in making the PDF attachment.
    PInvRec.SETRANGE("No.", InvNum);
    SRSetup.GET;
    IF PInvRec.FIND('-') THEN BEGIN
        XportFilename := SRSetup."Export Path" + 'Invoice' + PInvRec."Inv. Ref. No." +'.xml';
        XportPDFName := SRSetup."Export Path" + 'Invoice' + PInvRec."Inv. Ref. No." +'.pdf';
        PInvRpt.SETTABLEVIEW(PInvRec);
        PInvRpt.USEREQUESTPAGE(FALSE);
        PInvRpt.SAVEASPDF(XportPDFName);
        Xport.FILENAME(XportFilename);
        Xport.SETTABLEVIEW(PInvRec);
        Xport.SetAttachmentName('Invoice'+PInvRec."Inv. Ref. No." + '.pdf');
        Xport.RUN;  //here is where I want to save the user about 100 mouse clicks
        CLEAR(PInvRpt);
        CLEAR(Xport);
    END;

Best Answer

Answers