question

I have to create a form using sales invoice line table,but there are three fields customer no, from date, to date and the fields from that table are below. but condition is when i put data in above three fields i mean customer no, from date and to date then all fields should retrieve automatically.I added a new field name purchase date and expiry date. so suggest me which type of form should i create and how, if any code need to write then please explain me?

Answers

• archer89archer89 Member Posts: 337
    to fill fields automatically you can write the needed code into the validate triggers of the first 3 fields in that case, e.g. "customer no" - onvalidate:
    "purchase date" := <what you want to write here>

you could also work with flowfields.

normally sales invoice line is connected with the sales invoice header table on a form, like in the posted sales invoice form. please check this form before you start.
    best regards
    Franz Kalchmair, MVP
    Alias: Jonathan Archer

please like / agree / verify my answer, if it was helpful for you. thx.
    Blog: http://moxie4nav.wordpress.com/
  • dynamics navdynamics nav Member Posts: 50
    In sales invoice line i added two fields i.e, purchase date and expiry date and created a form with sales invoice header as a main form and sub form as sales invoice line. the header consists of customer no, from date and to date. sub form consists of fields like document no,line no, item no,sell-to customer no,display purchase date and to date.
    Now my condition is that when i enter the fields in header i.e, customer no, from date and to date then the information should retrieve automatically in the sub form.
    Information in the sub form should be displayed by filtering the from date and to date to purchase date field in sub form.
    If there is any standard form please say me I am using nav 2009 r2
  • Jan_VeenendaalJan_Veenendaal Member Posts: 206
    edited 2016-07-29
    [ looks a lot like this thread from same poster: forum.mibuso.com/discussion/67064/coding ]
    Jan Veenendaal