how to dispaly posted item charge value in negative in value entry table

I am adding the one item charge named as rebate. If I select and post that item charge amount is posted as negetive value in value entry table how can I display negetive value

Answers

• parmparm Member Posts: 49
    Hi,
    Maybe you are not choosing the better solution.
    Item charges will affect costing of goods and that it's something that you should do or isn't allowed by accounting and tax laws.
    I think you are looking for a deal discount (business discount). You can use the "% Discount" field at each line, or the invoice discount in sales header.
    If you need to split the discount amount or value by several lines you will have to calculate the amount for each line by code.
    If you only need to have a line with discount, create a not inventory item and sell negative amounts or use a G/L Account to set the discount.

Regards and good luck,

parm
  • archer89archer89 Member Posts: 337
    please describe more details about what you need.
    what are your sample data in the sales lines?

To display the ledger entries, goto posted sales linvoices page, open your posted document, click on "Navigate", then select "Value entry". To show the value entries click on "Show related Entries". In that then opened page you see the value entries inclusive the one with negative valued quantity.
    best regards
    Franz Kalchmair, MVP
    Alias: Jonathan Archer

please like / agree / verify my answer, if it was helpful for you. thx.
    Blog: http://moxie4nav.wordpress.com/