Polish caracters in report labels

gtrgtr Member Posts: 131
[On NAV2015]

When copying translated texts in Report Label Captions I loose some special caracters in polish language
In fact this caraters are replaced by "?"
Is there any way to get this special caracters like S with accent or L with crossing line ?

Thanks

Answers

• archer89archer89 Member Posts: 337
    have you installed polish language layer?
    best regards
    Franz Kalchmair, MVP
    Alias: Jonathan Archer

please like / agree / verify my answer, if it was helpful for you. thx.
    Blog: http://moxie4nav.wordpress.com/
  • aceXaceX Member Posts: 165
    Only one solution is possible for this problem :) .

Go to Object Designer, select the report, go to Tools, Translations, Export Translation. Export in .txt format, for example (Report50000_POL.txt).
    After that, go in report, edit all text constants, and leave there only ENU translation, erase all Polish translations.
    Go to the .txt file, open it and Save as it is in UTF-8 encoding. (instead of ASCI).
    Copy that File, go to the Service folder on the server where Dynamics NAV is installed. Create (Translations folder there) and paste the .txt file. At the end restart the service.

If you have more than main DynamicsNAV90 service. Go to the Instances folder, in each service, create Translations folder, and paste the .txt in each. Restart the services.

After that all characters will be ok. It's a little bit boring but NAV 2016 Dev Env is not supports UTF8 Encoding :(

BR
  • gtrgtr Member Posts: 131
    Hi BR - this is working ! - Thanks
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    There is also a MSDN article about this cumbersome process:
    How to: Add Translated Strings for Conflicting Text Encoding Formats
    Kai Kowalewski
  • kfuglsangkfuglsang Member Posts: 26
    Did you guys test this with the job queue as well?
    It works fine for me when creating a pdf from a report in the RTC, but when the NAS does it, it ignores these translation files.

I'm testing on build 9.0.49741