Options

Dynamics Navision 2013 NAS Setup

Toddy_BoyToddy_Boy Member Posts: 231
In a past life I have setup the NAS for classic client i.e. setting up the service on the server.

In 2013 the services are all wrapped up together i.e. Client, SOAP, OData and NAS Settings.

Whoever setup our Navision has a service for the NAS seperate to the main service which holds settings for Client, SOAP, OData.

Is this normal practice?

Life is for enjoying ... if you find yourself frowning you're doing something wrong

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    It is really down to your preference, there is no right or wrong. If you set up service tiers with multiple tasks, then if any of those tasks runs into a fatal error, the entire service tier will go down. So if there is an error that brings client service down, that will also affect the other services. By separating the services into separate service tier instances, they won't affect each other.

It's up to you and how you want to manage the situation. If you don't want to create multiple system users for each service, then that would not be a reason for you to separate them. It is perfectly fine to have everything running in one service tier, as long as you know what could happen.
  • Options
    Toddy_BoyToddy_Boy Member Posts: 231
    Thanks that all makes perfect sense.
    Life is for enjoying ... if you find yourself frowning you're doing something wrong