NAV 2016 RTC Client over WAN Error

csssccsssc Member Posts: 4
Hello,

i'm trying to connect to a nav 2016 instance over wan. I followed the instructions from https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/dn789530%28v=nav.90%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 to create a self signed certificate, and from the local network everything works. But when i try to connect from a remote pc, the client always says "The program could not create a connection to the server.". Strangely, in the eventlog on the server, at the same time there is a message that a user successfully connected. If i use the wrong credentials i get the right message, that the username or password are wrong, so there must be a connection to the server.

I tried several times to create the certificate, i updated to the latest CU (CU8), nothing helped.
I have almost (different OS) the same configuration for nav 2015, and it worked without problems.

Maybe someone here has an idea or solution?

Best Answer

Answers

• Peter+is1Peter+is1 Member Posts: 174
    Hi,

This sounds like a problem connecting to sql server. Perhaps your account on the wan is not allowed or perhaps the firewall is blocking sql traffic?

Good luck.
    \\
    The truth exists in seven versions.
  • Jan_VeenendaalJan_Veenendaal Member Posts: 206
    Sound like a firewall issue? [We use ClickOnce deployment and O365 authentication; when I forget to open the client-services port in the firewall the client can authenticate, but then we get this error message]
    Jan Veenendaal