Install Dynamics NAV 2016 problem

moneimNAVmoneimNAV Member Posts: 29
Hello,
I installed Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Demo Installation) ,but I have this server error (print Screen)
Someone have an idea ?
For information,I have the same problem with install Dynamics NAV 2015

Thank you

Answers

• moneimNAVmoneimNAV Member Posts: 29
    It's Dynamics NAV 2016
  • rahul_jnkrahul_jnk Member Posts: 61
    You might already have another version or NAV running at the default port. Change your port during installation.
    I changed the port and I don't have another version in my computer....but the same problem
    Any another idea ?
    May be the problem in my OS ? or my copy of install NAV ?(Windows 8 installed)
  • rahul_jnkrahul_jnk Member Posts: 61
    You must first check whether the port you are using for server is not in use.
    for eg:-
    netstat -an | find "7046"
    (Substitute the port you are using for the server instead of 7046, see whether it gives any results.)

As for Windows 8, I'm successfully running NAV 2016 with a lower build.
    I have this Error because my computer is not joined to a domain
    I try install it in local machine
    Someone have an idea ?
  • kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    Your computer does not have to be in a domain for NAV to work. The demo installation uses Network Services by default for both the NAV Service Tier and SQL Server Express services.

The error message you included is for the NAV Service Tier service not starting. Try starting that service again, and then check the Application Event Log for error messages. That should tell you more about what the actual problem is.
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint
  • hanhfithanhfit Member Posts: 2
    edited 2016-07-07
    Check Port you using, Port defaut in MS Dynamics NAV setup for Server is 7046 may used by orther service in your PC, You can change it and try setup.
  • irasoelbaksirasoelbaks Member Posts: 119
    edited 2016-07-08
    I would suggest to take a look in the Application Logs (in the Eventviewer). Most of the times you can find more info here that describes why the servicetier couldn't start.
    this is the message finded in events viewer

Product: Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Server -- Error 1920. Service 'Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server [DynamicsNAV90]' (MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$DynamicsNAV90) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services
  • KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    Since it is installed on a local machine make sure that the account that you are using for the NST (middle tier) has local admin rights.
  • zohaibu95@hotmail.comzohaibu95@hotmail.com Member Posts: 223
    Make sure the account in which you are installing NAV should have Admin access. Or try to install the NAV setup by running as administrator.
    Best Regards
    Zohaib Ahmed
    Dynamics NAV ERP Technical Consultant.

please like / agree / verify my answer, if it was helpful for you. thanks.
    I used the account "NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService" (Default) to install,but may be this account don't have local admin rights and I I can't modify it ....
    Someone have an idea if I can select other account with all local admin rights ?
  • KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    Try giving the "NT AUTHORITY\Network Service" full access to the following folder...

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\90\Service