Has anybody else experienced shortcut dimensions on documeent and/or journals dissapearing?

This happened intermittently (not always) with some users where the Dimension values entered using the Shortcut 3 to 8 fields on Documents and Journals. The dimensions sometimes disappear when the page is exited and returned to later. Sometimes the dimensions disappear when the Test Report is run. There is no fixed pattern. It happens on pretty much all documents and journals... but only periodically. I'd be interested to know if anybody else has experienced this?

Answers

• SigGunnSigGunn Member Posts: 18
    I have seen this also. Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 CU5.
    I was able to catch this in the debugger.
    Field with SourceExpression ShorcutDimCode[3] in page 39 General Journal.
    Set brakepoint in OnValidate for that field:
    <Control300> - OnValidate()
    ValidateShortcutDimCode(3,ShortcutDimCode[3]);

Looked at the value in ShortcutDimCode[3]. It was blank. The user entering value sat next to me and his input was visible in his client. He closed the page and reopened it, Value was gone.

This is clearly a bug in the RTC client, which is hard to replicate.
  • sanojsanoj Member Posts: 19
    Yes, we also have this problem in different customer installations.
    We have seen this in Documents, Time Sheet.
    It seems to be a problem with colums that are not database fields.

We have tried to reproduce this in our own dev environment, with the same database, with no luck. So the technical environment seems to matter.

Has anyone managed to report this to MS? We will try, but as you say its hard to repro.
  • kar100kar100 Member Posts: 11
    We had this issue in 2016 CU 1. Reported to Microsoft. Response as follows:
    "One of my colleagues has seen a similar issue in the past and in that case the field was set to “Visible = False” on the page. After setting this to “True”, it was always visible (with “False” it was only visible from time to time…). I am not sure if this also helps in our case, but it is at least worth a try. Could you please check the property “Visible” for the dimension fields on the pages? Does it change anything, when you set this to “True”? But this is just a workaround the problem is solved with CU 9 for NAV 2016. It is a technical issue and not from the application side, so if you update just the technical side it should be solved."

We changed the visible property on the relevant fields / pages and it seems to have resolved our problem.
  • sanojsanoj Member Posts: 19
    We have also tested this on CU9 2016 and it seems to work.
  • taith69taith69 Member Posts: 6
    Same problem on CU18 2015 . Solved with the VISIBLE = TRUE solution