Options

NAV - Get tenant database information (Multitenancy)

MariaNAVMariaNAV Member Posts: 5
Hello everybody.

We are using NAV2013R2 and are about to migrate to Multitenancy. Everything is working quite well but we have a problem with getting the database information of the tenant databases.

I have found the following guide that shows perfectly how to develop the functions GetAppDatabaseInfo() and GetTenantDatabaseInfo(), that retrieve the database information from the application database and the tenant databases, respectively: http://kauffmann.nl/index.php/2015/04/07/read-server-settings-from-cal-code/

The problem is that I when I define the subtype:
Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavTenantSettings.’Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35′
I get an error because I have no such assembly/subtype.

Can anyone help me understand if I can import this subtype or if there is maybe a whole another way to retrieve the information from the tenant database?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Maria

Answers

• Options
    Jan_VeenendaalJan_Veenendaal Member Posts: 206
    edited 2016-06-21
    Arend-Jan Kauffmann's remark 'By the way, the same can be done in NAV 2013 R2: replace Version=8.0.0.0 with Version=7.1.0.0' is probably valid for this subtype, too.
    Jan Veenendaal
  • Options
    MariaNAVMariaNAV Member Posts: 5
    I'll try that, thank you!
    But otherwise we will just wait for the upgrade to NAv2016 to get use the ensemble.