How can we group lines in the general journal?

Mounika22Mounika22 Member Posts: 18
I should group the several lines of general journal lines into one line based on the documen number.If the document number is same.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    edited 2016-05-29
    Hi Mounika22,

well, that's how it will be posted - sorted by document no. You can sort the page by document no., too. The only issue is... somebody at Microsoft found it fitting to remove the required controls and added the arrows on the columns instead. To always sort a page by document no., I would recommend to change the properties of the "General Journal" page. But to be frank, if it's not a training exercice, I would abhor such a change. It can be quite annoying, since the primary key of the Gen. Journal Line table is ending with line no., and the page has "AutoSplitKey" enabled. This only works reliably when the page has the primary key set as SourceTableView.

with best regards

Jens
  • Mounika22Mounika22 Member Posts: 18
    I have same document number for all the lines.I have used the setrange for the document number its displaying all the lines but the shoulb be fallen only in one line
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    You didn't mention about Account No.?
    You need this groping before posting?
  • Mounika22Mounika22 Member Posts: 18
    The account number will be different it is only based on doucment number.It should be before posting.all this should be done in xmlport for exporting the text file