Options

Can you have a document cue total based on temporary table?

LinkamLinkam Member Posts: 2
I'm trying to create a document cue on a role-centre that displays a filtered list of warehouse shipments.

I needed to merge data from couple of tables so that ideally all the columns could be sorted/filtered on. I've created a query that pulls in the warehouse shipment data and a page that displays it also has a function to populate the temporary table with some additional sales header data. All that side of things is working great.

The problem is although the document cue when clicked on correctly opens the list, the count of records on the role-centre itself always displays zero even though that isn't correct (it should be 22 for example). I'm wondering if this is because it's reading the permanent version of the table and obviously finding zero entries.

Is there any way to get the document cue to correctly count the number of records in the temporary table instead?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Options
    Jan_VeenendaalJan_Veenendaal Member Posts: 206
    Try inserting 1 empty record into the cue table. [ There should be code in your Activities page that does that for you ]. Then in the OnAfterGetRecord trigger write code to calculate your field (if it is not a FlowField)

For an example take a look at page 1310 Mini Activities, there are both Normal and FlowField fields in there.
    Jan Veenendaal
  • Options
    LinkamLinkam Member Posts: 2
    Unfortunately my licence doesn't allow me to view page 1310 so I couldn't see what's been done on that as an example.

I'm using a flowfield on T9053 (Sales Cue) which is already calculating other fields correctly of course, I tried a few things but couldn't get it to work. I think because of the catch 22 of not having the data available until the point you actually display the page there's no way of calculating the number of records beforehand on my temporary table.

However it dawned on me a way around is that because essentially I was just working with the warehouse shipment header (T7320) with some filters so I just changed the flowfield to point to T7320 with the same filters. Then in the drilldown trigger I called the page I'd created that properly collates all the info I need.

Thanks for your help anyway.