Options

Get Location with maximum inventory

Hi all,

I am trying to get the location with the maximum inventory... how can I do this please?

Currently, an item can have stock in more than one location. Till now I've tried to do something using the Item ledger entries but got stuck at how to compute and get the location with the maximum amount of stock in it.

Any ideas on how can I do this, please?

Thankyou in advance :)

y_NAV

Answers

• Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    You want to see at any given time, what is the maximum inventory for an item in that warehouse?

If so, the way to address this is use the Date table and utilize the Net Change field on the item table.

Basically, you want to filter ..3/1/16, calcfield on the Net Change, then compare it with 3/2/16. If it's bigger, then use the value on 3/2/16. Then repeat until your date range is expired.
  • Options
    y_NAVy_NAV Member Posts: 2
    Alex_Chow wrote: »
    You want to see at any given time, what is the maximum inventory for an item in that warehouse?

If so, the way to address this is use the Date table and utilize the Net Change field on the item table.

Basically, you want to filter ..3/1/16, calcfield on the Net Change, then compare it with 3/2/16. If it's bigger, then use the value on 3/2/16. Then repeat until your date range is expired.

Hi Alex_Chow , thanks for your reply... not exactly no.
    I want to be able to know at this instant (today) which is the location with the maximum inventory of a specific item, example if I have Item A and I have 5 units of Item A in Location 1 and 15 units of Item A in Location 2, NAV will ouput Location 2...
    Hopefully it's clearer now :)

Thanks,
    y_NAV
  • Options
    Peter+is1Peter+is1 Member Posts: 174
    Hi,

I would use the Item.Inventory field and determine the highest value in code.

Loop through the locations you want to check.
    Set the Item.Location Filter field.
    Get the Item.Inventory value. If it is higher than the previous then store the value.
    Finish loop.
    Return the stored value.

Let us know if this helps.
    \\
    The truth exists in seven versions.