NAV2013r2 - Service invoice adding unwanted discount

markbushmarkbush Member Posts: 4
edited 2016-05-23 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All

I've searched all over and am struggling to spot an answer....

We currently use service contracts to create yearly invoices for some customers. It's a flat fee every year. Currently the first invoices generate fine, but for the second year onwards every line is given a 100% line discount. I can find lots of articles about putting a discount on service invoices, but we aren't adding any of this. We currently don't do any actual service work, but are just using service contracts to generate the invoices as they become due.

Has anyone had experience with using the service module to achieve this or know why NAV is trying to add 100% discount to everything after year 1?

Thanks

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Is the Service Item under warranty and you set a 100% discount on warranty?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • markbushmarkbush Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for your time in replying

Unfortunately I've already checked and we have none of the warranty fields populated. No Warranty start/end/%age for labour or parts. Absolutely flummoxed at the moment
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    There are a couple of places to check:
    1. Service Management setup under the Defaults fast tab
    2. Service Item under the general fasttab
    3. Service contract lines

The symptom you're describe is related to the warranty or contract discount calculation.
    That's what my thoughts were, but we have no warranty or contract discounts on the service contract header/lines/service management set-up/ or the service items
    The plot thickens

I took a backup of our NAV2013 environment last week and updated it to NAV2015 for testing. The same contract in 2013 applying a discount, is not doing it in 2015. I'm starting to think there might be a bug in our current version that has been fixed since