Inventory FlowField & Item Ledger Entry Table

Dear All,

In one of my clients, I have seen a Custom Form in Navision (2009 R2) Database, where a SubForm editable Field contains Inventory/Stock Quantity of Items wrongly, because the CalcFormula is applied on Other Table instead of Item Ledger Entry Table(ILE).

After seeing this I've made the required changes on the CalcFormula and again I have noticed the Previous (wrong) result on the flow field Field, but this time the DrillDown property addressing the Item Ledger Table.

I have deleted the Value from the Flow field manually as it was a editable field and then astonished to see that an Entry is inserted automatically into the ILE Table with the Values as defined in Table Filter of the Calculation Formula. This Entry contains the same Quantity which I have deleted from the Field.

Now my Item's Inventory gets affected incorrectly. What I have done at last, I have changed the Value of the Quantity field equals to Zero. I have not deleted this entry because after this (wrong) entry there are more entries are made in the ILE and I do not want to break the Entry No. sequence.

Now I want to know how to correct this ? Should I delete the wrong ILE Entry manually ?
Kindly Inform.

Now or Never

Comments

• moh_baradamoh_barada Member Posts: 46
    The problem is not that clear here and can assure for you that it's not that easy.
    you have to check again the table that was related to Flowfield because In my opinion it was done on purpose.
    Usually the flowfield is never able to be editable. It seems a script has been written on change of the field to insert record in the table to related to this field.

You have to be in contact with the person who did this customized form otherwise you have to understand the customization before you decide what to do next.
    I think the correction cannot be taken before understanding what was the script triggered when you change the field because you might be forced to delete some other lines from other tables...
    Best Regards
    Mohamad Barada
    Independent ERP & CRM Consultant
    +961 70 912700
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    edited 2016-05-20
    The Flow Field could be editable if you have not assigned editable value 'FALSE' correctly in Table's Field properties windows.

Your thinking is almost correct that the Person who has develop it, considering the Warehouse Entry table in the Flow Field. But the Client is verifying the results with the Inventory Field of the Item Master.(Unfortunately the Warehouse Entries are not matching with ILE).

Deletion/Modification In Flow Field should not create any impact on other Table, not even the Table defined in the Calculation Formula.

Hope, I'm right ?
    Now or Never
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The inventory is messed up now... The person that did the modification should've made the field non-editable. Unfortunately, there's no easy to resolve the item ledger cost calculation without spending a lot of time analyzing it.

NAV does not take lightly on inserting data directly into the ledger entry tables.

What license is your customer using? If they're using their own license, they should not be able to modify/insert into the ledger entries directly or through a flowfield.
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Thanks Alex.
    What will happen if I delete the ILE Line ? As this Line has no relation with any other Transaction.
    Now or Never
  • moh_baradamoh_barada Member Posts: 46
    Delete the ILE will make reports run from Sales and purchase (who read from Item ledger entries for item movement) module not giving the same result from Finance (G/L Entries).
    If you have a backup done several days back . restore it aside and copy the records to excel and compare them with the name records in your table so you can find easily the one deleted.
    In the meantime do not allow users to Edit anymore and review all the customization done at this subject cause it has to be reviewed otherwise you wont have accurate inventory.
    Best Regards
    Mohamad Barada
    Independent ERP & CRM Consultant
    +961 70 912700