Options

Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 Move next Line when Enter (Page List)

Is there a way to move to next record in a page list when pressing Enter Key ? Usually the regular behavior is to move to next field.
The use wants to move to next field when pressing TAB (by design it's this way) and to next Line when pressing Enter.

Any idea
Best Regards
Mohamad Barada
Independent ERP & CRM Consultant
+961 70 912700

Answers

• Options
    Peter+is1Peter+is1 Member Posts: 174
    Hi,

I cannot think of a Navision way to do this. NAV 2009 is not Microsoft Excel.
    In NAV 2015 you could try with addins for each field...

Good luck when you tell them the arrow down key is close to the Enter key. :)
    \\
    The truth exists in seven versions.
  • Options
    DuikmeesterDuikmeester Member Posts: 304
    On the page list set QuickEntry to FALSE for all fields except the first field. That way you can Enter to goto next record.
  • Options
    moh_baradamoh_barada Member Posts: 46
    On the page list set QuickEntry to FALSE for all fields except the first field. That way you can Enter to goto next record.

Thanks Duikmeester for your reply but actually the NAV 2009 R2 does not include QuickEntry which was introduced starting the NAV 2013.
    Best Regards
    Mohamad Barada
    +961 70 912700
  • Options
    Peter+is1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I cannot think of a Navision way to do this. NAV 2009 is not Microsoft Excel.
    In NAV 2015 you could try with addins for each field...

Good luck when you tell them the arrow down key is close to the Enter key. :)

Thanks Peter for your reply. I totally agree that NAV is not Microsoft Excel but honestly the users are mostly used to use Enter when entering Data and their request is little bit logic but seems cannot be solved in Dynamics NAV 2009 R2.
    I'm trying to convince them with the arrow down as you suggested.
    Best Regards
    Mohamad Barada
    +961 70 912700
  • Options
    SilverXSilverX Member Posts: 134
    edited 2016-05-20
    Hi Mohamad,

not sure if this works in 2009 R2 (RTC), but could you try to use Alt/AltGr+Enter? This should move to the first field in the next line.
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
  • Options
    thanks SilverX. My reason behind posting this subject is to find a way to move to next line for same field when pressing Enter.
    I have convince the customer at this stage to use Arrow Down as Peter suggested and it's acceptable until today but it will surely be great to find a way to move to next line when pressing enter.
    Best Regards
    Mohamad Barada
    +961 70 912700