Options

SQL Error NAV Upgrade NAV 2009R2 - NAV 2016

RemcoRemco Member Posts: 81
Hi,

I'm busy with an upgrade from NAV2009R2 to NAV2016. When processing the step to convert the NAV2009R2 database to a NAV2013 database I get the following SQL Errors during the conversion of the database:
  • Incorrect syntax near '0x1b5b'
  • The identifier that starts with ????????? is too long. Maximum length is 128.
  • Unclosed quotation mark after the character string ??????

See the attachment for the exact error message.

I checked the company names. They are all correct.

Any ideas?

Answers

• Options
    martonnmartonn Member Posts: 29
    Have you tried to check it with the SQL Server Activity Monitor or with using the SQL Profiler. My recon is that this is a data problem. One of the records have some field value in it with different codepage/collation or this can be database error...run a DBCC CHECKDB on the original database first
  • Options
    swpoloswpolo Member Posts: 80
    I am not sure that this is data problem. Client conversion is not evaluating data in database.
    It converts objects.
    On my opinion this is object inconsistency or codepage issue.
    Try to remove all languages from your objects before converting.
    Try to check if you use "" or ' or some other unusual symbols in text constants.
    Did you remove all objects except tables before conversion?
    If any please refer to me i can try to check the issue if you give me access to your db.
    Nav Upgrades and DEV outsourcing
    Reports transformation to RDLC
    List -1h , Complex List -3h, Document -4h (dev hours)
    navisionupgrade.com
  • Options
    It seems like a data issue. I have exported all object to a CRONUS database. This CRONUS NAV 2009R2 database I can convert without any problems to a NAV2013 database.
  • Options
    It looks like a collation issue. We moved the database from SQL2008R2 to SQL2014 and started the conversion from NAV2009R2 to NAV2013 there. This did the trick because it was converted successfully.